Chapter 1: On the Way

Disclaimer: I do not own Uta no Prince-sama and its original character and story. There are lines that were taken from the subs of the episodes of the anime; I do not own those too.

Author's note: This fan fiction involves all the characters from Utapri and my OC. Generally the flow of the story and time line is based on the anime with just the insertion of my OC. So the beginning chapters will follow season 1 of the anime and then it would move towards season 2. There will be chapters that are not found in the anime which are going to center on my OC.

Ai Mikaze will not appear until I reach the part of the story where it coincides with season 2 of the anime.

This is my first time so I hope that you will like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: On the Way

"Finally the day has come! I have to hurry if I don't want to be late for the entrance exam for
Saotome Academy!" These thoughts made me excited and pumped up in this snowy morning. I put on my black long sleeved turtle neck and a pair of jeans. I left my hair down since it was cold so that my neck won't get cold as well as my back. I also wore my long navy blue coat and my red scarf. I picked up my favorite bag pack and left my room and headed downstairs. I don't usually eat breakfast but I had to eat something so I just ate a sandwich and drank a cup of hot tea. I then went to the entrance way and put on my knee high black boots.

"Why must it be snowing today? Sighhh I like snow but I'm weak against the cold." I said as I rubbed my two hands against each other and closed the door of my house where I live alone.

I walked down the snowy streets towards the train station. Today, the snow was falling from the sky and they were pretty...pretty cold. There are a few birds flying in the sky as well. They might be migrating towards a warmer place. I hope they get there safely. I was greeted by my neighbors who were awake early. Most of them were old people who were tending their gardens. They're such nice people. I continued to walk as I waved and greeted them. Their smiles and greetings were so warm and joyful. It's nice to see them but soon I won't be around as often. I'll miss them for sure.

The academy is three stations away from here. It's quite far but I don't mind. I want to write and perform music that can touch people's hearts and make them happy. Music is a wonderful thing in life; it's a gift. Without music, life would be too silent. So silent that it would make you feel all alone.

I finally reached the train station and waited for the train to arrive. While I was waiting, I noticed an old woman who wasn't exactly prepared for the cold and snowy weather. She was wearing a beige dress and had a pink scarf wrapped around her neck. Her dress was not that thick enough to withstand the cold—she seemed to realize that as she rubbed her hands together. I wish she wore thicker clothes to protect herself from the cold. I decided to approach her.

"Good morning, Obaasan." I said as I smiled at her. She looked at me and greeted me back.

"So what are you doing here so early in the morning, Obaasan?"
"I-I'm waiting for my grandchild. She's going to start living with me from today onward because her school is near here. What about you? What are you doing here so early in the morning, young one?"
"I'm going to take an entrance exam in an academy that's three stations away."
"That's quite far. Good luck on your entrance exam." She smiled.
Seeing her close, I realized that her hands were shaking from the cold. I took off my gloves and took her hands. Then, I put my gloves on her hands.
"You should be more prepared during this kind of weather. It gets really cold sometimes."
I smiled at her and the train arrived shortly after.
"Th-thank you very much, young one. What about you? Will your hands be alright?"
I bowed at her with a smile and got on the train.

It was early in the morning so there weren't so many passengers. The train was practically empty but after the second station, the number of people suddenly grew and the train was getting filled with a handful of people. I got off on the third station and started walking again on the snowy streets. It got colder than before. I rubbed my hands together and buried them deep in my pockets.

It was still early in the morning and I wasn't too far from the academy. It was just probably 10 minutes away on foot from where I am now.
"The academy is still closed by this time. I guess I was too excited. I should find a convenience store that's open and maybe I'll grab something hot to drink. I feel really cold." My last four words echoed a bit together with the fog that came out of my mouth.

After walking around in this unfamiliar city, I finally found a convenience store and luckily it was open. I crossed the street safely.

As I reached the front of the convenience store, everything became black.

Perhaps I fainted? I don't know. All I know is that I feel cold. "It's very cold." I whispered.