Chapter 81: Meeting

Chapter 81: Meeting

"Hnnnngg..."

I slowly open my eyes as my body clock woke me up. We don't have any work until the first week of January next year so we turned off the alarm but I guess I got used to waking up early. It's still a bit dark outside. Did I wake up too early today? Oh well, that's alright! This means that I could start the day earlier than usual and finish my morning routine early. Then that means that I could spend more time with Ai! Alright, I should start with making our breakfast.

I try to get out of bed but I'm stuck in Ai's arms. This is quite troublesome...I want to cook something special for breakfast since I've got time but I don't want to wake him up. Hmmm...What should I do? I'll try this...

I slowly try to get one of my arms lose and move Ai's arm off of me. Successful, I start to sit up slowly so that it won't disturb him.

"Where...are you going?" Ai asks in a sleepy tone.

"Whaa!"

He then grabbed my arm and pulled me back into his arms; I'm back to square one! I got surprised when he suddenly spoke and did that.

"I-I woke up earlier than usual so I was going to prepare something different for breakfast. Umm...I'm sorry for disturbing you. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"It's not...your fault. Well...a little...maybe...Not really...food...wait...can..."

His words are getting jumbled; he's still half awake. Seeing the usually composed and serious Ai looking a bit messy and childlike is so cute. If you stare long enough at Ai's profile, he actually looks mature and he's really handsome...W-What am I thinking right now?! I should be more concerned of breakfast and starting the day early! Sigh...Seeing him like this makes me want to spoil him somehow but...I really should get going so that I could make more time to spend with him today.

I gently brush some of his hair off of his face.

"Ai, I can't make breakfast if you won't let me go."

He opens his eyes a little and looks at me. "Do you...have to go? I...don't want...to let go. I want to stay in bed...a little longer with you." he says in a sleepy tone.

His voice is so gentle. How could I resist him if he's like this? This is not fair...why is he so adorable?

"Please...stay." He buries his face into my chest and holds me tighter.

"U-Uh...F-Fine, I'll stay with you a little longer."

"Yay...I'm...happy."

He snuggles onto me even more.

"Why are you...so soft...and warm? This...is very...comfortable."

"Oh Ai, just go back to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up, sleepyhead."

"Okay...Goodnight...Kaori..." he says in a sleepy joyful tone.

I chuckle a little. "...It's already morning."

Ai falls asleep again instantly. The room is so quiet that I could hear him breathing.

As minutes pass, I start to feel Ai's warmth spreading throughout my body as he locks me in his arms. If this keeps up, I'll fall asleep too. The reason why I don't like hugging other people for too long is because I fall asleep when I start feeling their warmth. I look up at Ai to stare at his peaceful sleeping face. I start to feel sleepy as my breathing started to synchronize with his. My eyes start to close on their own and my body surrenders to the warmth it feels.

------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Huh? I think someone touched my cheek.