Chapter 54: Music To My Ears

Today's Sunday and it was pretty dark outside though it was morning; it's a bit cold too. I got up and put on a gray shirt and a pair of jeans; I also took my red sweater since it was cold. I put on some brown boots and grabbed my bag and went on my way out. As I passed by the lobby, I saw Haruka.

"Good morning, Haruka!"

"Kaori! Good morning...though it's pretty dark hehe."

"Yes, I've noticed. Is it going to rain hard today? I wasn't able to check the weather forecast."

"The forecast last night said that it's going to rain all day. Ah! Are you planning to go out?"

"Yeah. I'm going to go and buy some things. Don't worry, I won't be out long."

Haruka grabbed my shoulders and had a serious expression on her face.

"Kaori, let me go with you!"

"U-um Haruka, it's okay. Please don't worry."

"No, it's not okay! What if you get cold and faint like that time when we watched Hayato's concert?! I can't let you go alone!"

"But Haruka...I'll really be fine. I'm not going to stay out long; I promise. After I buy the things that I need, I'll come back right away. I promise."

Haruka seemed really worried about me but I really did have to go somewhere today.

"How about I message you every now and then? I'll tell you where I am and if I'm feeling alright. Would that be alright?" I asked.

Haruka was thinking about it.

"Kaori, do you really have to go out today? Can't you go out next time instead of today?"

"Y-yes, I really need to go out today. One of the things that I will buy will be available today. I'm going to be busy tomorrow and the day after so I'm worried that they would run out of stock. It's something I really want to get right away."

Haruka still seemed worried but she released me.

"Well...if it's really important for you...Go ahead."

I smiled.

"But! Message me always, okay?"

"Thank you, Haruka! I promise to message you about my movements. I'll be going now. See you later!"

"Alright, be safe! Do you have an umbrella?"

"I have a foldable one in my bag."

"Okay."

I bid farewell to Haruka and quickly left before she could change her mind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On her way to the agency office to submit her new song, Haruka sees Kaori's manager who was on his way to the dorm; Manager-san also noticed Haruka and greeted her.

"Good morning, Nanami."

"Good morning, Manager-san. Are you going to see Kaori?"

"Yes. I've just received a voice acting job and other types of job offers for her so I thought of dropping these over to her so that she could go over them."

"Manager-san, Kaori is not at the dorm."

"Eh? What are you talking about?"

"Kaori went out to buy some things just a while ago. I tried to persuade her to stay but she insisted so I let her go. She said she wasn't going to stay out for so long."