Chapter 43: Shining Heart (Graduation Audition Song)

Finally, today is the day of the graduation auditions!

Everyone was thrilled to perform and show the fruits of their hard work; they were excited but they were also nervous as well. For the opening of the graduation auditions, Shining Saotome had a little exhibition after his opening speech. He was wearing a white shining fancy suit and he danced while singing. He was amazing but as usual, he was kind of over the top. After his speech and performance, he exited to the back stage. There, he was approached by Kaori.

"Hm? Ms. Yamashitaaaa! What are you doing here?"

"Shining Saotome-sensei, I-I would like to request s-something."

"Rrrequest? And what would that be, little spark?"

"I would like to request that I would perform l-last."

Shining Saotome was curious about Kaori's request.

"Saotome-sensei, Please...I'm...I'm still not mentally prepared so I would like some more time to calm myself. This is the first time that I'll be performing on front of such a huge audience. I know it's quite unfair and selfish to ask for such a request but please, I-I really am scared."

Shining Saotome looked at Kaori with a thinking expression and after a while, he said, "No prrrroblem! I have high hopes for you and I would want you to perform at your best. In exchange for this favor, make sure that you will shine bright enough to make me blindddd! Bravo!"

"Thank you very much! I will not let you down!"

Shining Saotome agreed to her request and she was to perform after STARISH who were going to perform second to the last.

As each performance passed, Kaori was still scared and was thinking of backing out.

"I-I've never performed on front of such a huge crowd. I'd usually be alright with performing on front of a crowd but this is the first time that the crowd is this bi-big! What if...my song c-can't touch their hearts?" Kaori's hands were trembling.

She was going to quit until she watched STARISH. She was blown away by their performance and their song gave her the courage to push through with her performance.

"Just like them, I want to shine like a bright star. I won't give up! I can do this! I'll do my best!" Kaori said to herself.

Kaori took deep breaths and her hands were slowly getting tamed. She started humming STARISH's song as she waited for her turn.

Everyone was chanting STARISH's name and cheered for them. After waving and thanking everyone, STARISH exited and the announcer went over to the stage and then started speaking and introducing the next and last performance.

"Now for the next and last performance of the day we have the composer and idol, Yamashita Kaori!"

Everyone was surprised with the introduction because the announcer said "composer and idol" which meant that she was actually enrolled in both courses; this made the audience quite surprised and excited.

The announcer continues, "Let's all welcome her debut song, Shining Heart!"

Kaori's costume was made to make her look androgynous so that the audience would not be able to know whether she was Kaori or Kaoru; her hair was tied into a ponytail instead of having her hair down so that she would look more androgynous with her get up. Tsukimiya-sensei's idea truly fits.

"This is it, I'll do my best!" was all she thought.

The lights dimmed and she went on the stage with the microphone tightly in her left hand. The music started to play and lights of different colors were flashing and moving around with the music; everyone was impressed with the musical introduction.