Chapter 83: Doctor

Chapter 83: Doctor

"38.2 degrees Celsius; that's quite high. Hiroyuki-san, Miwa-san, here is a prescription for the medicine that Kaori will need to drink until she gets better."

"Okay. Thank you for taking care of Kaori, Takahiro." Mama-san says.

"It's nothing. It's my job as a doctor and as her friend."

"Is there a pharmacy open by this time?" Papa-san asks.

"There is one that's open twenty four hours but it's a little far from here. I'll draw you a map."

Takahiro gives Papa-san the map he drew.

"We'll just go buy her medicine first before heading home. We'll come back for Kaori after getting the medicine."

"Kuro, Ai, stay with Kaori okay?" Mama-san says as she and Papa-san head for the car.

"Taka, will sis have to stay here?" Kuro asks.

Takahiro looks at Kaori gently and pats her head. "She doesn't need to be confined here in the clinic but if she's too tired to get back home, she can stay here."

"No...I want...to go home." Kaori says weakly.

"I don't think you have enough strength left to make it home though." Takahiro chuckles.

"It's okay...A...Ai..."

Takahiro gets surprised that Kaori called out an unfamiliar name. "Ai? Who is Ai?"

"Oh right. Hey Taka, this person over here is Ai." Kuro says as he pulls me forward.

"Oh. It's nice to meet you, Ai. My name is Masaomi Takahiro." He smiles.

"Kisaragi Ai. It's nice to meet you."

Takahiro stares at me for a moment.

"Aren't you that famous idol named Mikaze Ai?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Then may I ask what your relationship with Kaori is?"

"I was her mentor and currently we both work under Shining Agency."

"Hmm, is that all?"

"I'm also her lover; we're currently dating."

Takahiro's eyes widen.

"You're dating Kaori? That's news to me. Who would have thought that she'd finally fall for someone?"

His eyes become gentle but somehow they give off a sad feeling.

"How long have you two been seeing each other?"

"We've been seeing each other for quite a long time now."

"Really? She didn't mentioned that in her messages; how cruel of her. Haha. I'll just scold her properly when she gets better."

"Messages?"

"Oh, you didn't know? We send each other emails when we're free; we kept in contact even after she left for Tokyo. You seriously didn't know?"

"She has never mentioned about you before; I've only learned of you from Kuro when I came here in Kyoto."

"Really? That's a bit surprising."

He turns his back at me and changes the wet towel that sits on top of Kaori's forehead.

"Sigh. She's still sickly as ever. Did she sleep somewhere cold?"

"Yeah. Sis slept in the living room last night." Kuro says.