Chapter 87: A Ring

Chapter 87: A Ring

"Mikaze-san, please move your arm a little more. That's right! Now move your head a little to my left...Perfect! Now smile!"

The cameraman's flash shoots as I put a smile on my face. I change to a different pose and position after every flash at the command of the cameraman.

"Alright, we've got good shots Mikaze-san. Can we have the next set of jewelry and next outfit? Costume peeps, c'mon move faster!"

Just a few more weeks to go before all of Wedding Contract's preparations are completed; everything was supposed to be done by the end of February however it seems that we had to extend for another month due to inconveniences that occurred. After finishing this week's jobs, we'll all be given a week's worth of rest to prepare for the wedding fair event that marks as Marriage Contract's need for having us. I was planning on returning home to rest and be with Kaori but we were advised to stay at our current lodging in Niigata to avoid anymore possible inconveniences in the future.

"Please stand over there and look over here at the camera. Ready? One, two, three."

A series of flashes start to shoot as I pose.

"Shift to your right please."

Today is my photo shoot for Prism Wish, the jewelry brand that Marriage Contract is working with for their anniversary project; the photo shoot is inside one of Prism Wish's branch in Niigata. I'm not the only one who's having a photo shoot today; there are others who are here for their photo shoot as well. My photo shoot continued on until sometime in the afternoon.

"That's all for today, Mikaze-san. Thank you for working hard with me. You are free to go."

"It was a pleasure working with you as well."

The cameraman and some of his staff smiled and gave me their regards before continuing on with the other models that were having their photo shoot today as well. I was walking towards a section of the shop that we've turned and used as the prep and dressing room but I stopped when I passed on front of one of the display cabinets in the shop.

I just stood there looking at the display cabinet that caught my attention.

"Is there a ring that interests you? Are you looking for an engagement ring or a wedding ring for your bride to be?"

I look behind me to find the owner of Prism Wish, Mr. Takatsuki, smiling at me.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Takatsuki."

"Good afternoon to you too. So tell me young man, did something catch your interest?" he asks merrily.

"I just thought that that ring would look nice on the finger of the person I am currently seeing and planning to marry."

I point at a pair of silver wedding rings found at the side of the display cabinet. Mr. Takatsuki takes a look at the pair that interests me.

"Oh! You have a fine taste, my boy; those are simple yet elegant. I'm sure that she will like it just as much as your proposal; I'm confident that she will like it very much and that it would suit her well."

A small smile forms on my face as I stare at the rings. "She will surely be surprised."

"I could be of help to you. Would you like to take them? I can give them to you free of charge."

I look at him all of a sudden with surprise.

"Are you sure about that? I think that that would be unfavorable for your business, sir."

"It's alright, my boy. I can see in your eyes that you really love the woman that you're going to propose to; I'd be honored to be a stepping stone towards your happiness with her. Besides, having you model for our company is a big help and a fine compensation."