Chapter 62: Busy

Chapter 62: Busy 

Yesterday, I was recording a melodious song and the day before, I was a soon to be widowed lady's sister. Today however, I'm a notorious yakuza boss that's about to torture his traitorous subordinate. The recording today is for an anime that I'm voicing for; I was given two characters to voice for. Kaoru was given the role of a yakuza boss and Kaori was given the role of the female friend of the main character; I never knew voice acting would be fun.

"H-hold on, I swear I didn't do it! I'm no traitor, boss! Please don't hurt me, sir!"

"Little devils like you should be sent back to the hell hole from where you crawled out from!"

"Nooo! Please!"

"The elders usually cut out the little pinkie as punishment, right? But everyone knows that I'm not limited to the conventional rules. Haha, let's try having each finger and toe celebrating your betrayal against the clan! You should feel honored; I'll be there to celebrate with you."

"Boss! Please! No, I'm not a trait—AHHHHH!"

The scene continues with me laughing hysterically and sadistically with Kaoru's voice while the voice actor I'm working with screams in pain all throughout. If we weren't in a studio right now, we probably sound like crazy people. Haha, it was fun.

"You did a good job, Kaori. Here's a cup of tea."

Green tea, just what I need right now.

"Thank you, Manager-san."

"I also bought you this fruit sandwich. You skipped breakfast this morning; you shouldn't do that."

"Thank you. I woke up a little late this morning so breakfast slipped my mind; I'm sorry."

It has been almost a week since then; I haven't faced him since. After we got back, I started taking so many jobs to keep myself busy and distract myself for a while. I wonder what he is doing now...I wonder if the things I said bothers him...

*cough cough*

"Kaori, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just choked on some tea."

"By the way, how's your throat? Does it still bother you?"

"Well, sometimes it feels weird but it feels fine most of the time for the past few days so I think it was just tired."

"Please continue observing it. If it starts to feel uncomfortable again, we're going to have it checked; it worries me quite a bit. You've been coughing and clearing your throat for quite a number of times each day."

"I'm fine, really. It might just be overworked a bit."

"Speaking of, you've accepted quite a lot of offers lately; don't you get tired? I was really against you for accepting so many offers at the same time."

"I-I'm just motivated. Please let me take them, I really want to get as much experience as I can plus I don't want to have so much free time."

"More like you don't have any free time at all anymore, Kaori."

"It's alright, Manager-san. What's our next destination for today? I think it's a recording for a collaboration album?"

Manager-san opens his organizer.

"Yes, we will be going to the recording studio for the collaboration album then we will be going to Hilltop Hotel for the commercial filming and after that, we'll head to Fun On Air Studio for the variety show segment that you'll be in tonight."