Chapter 92: A Sick Little Angel

"Hnnn..."

I slowly open my eyes as the morning light passes thru the curtains of our room.

I yawn as I sit up on the bed. "Good morning, Ai...?" Eh?

I'm surprised to wake up and see that Ai isn't on the bed. Did he wake up early today? He was working until late night yesterday and when he arrived home, he had to finish some lyrics and other things for work; I ended up sleeping ahead of him so I hope he was able to get some sleep last night.

I change out of my pajamas and I head down to the kitchen; if Ai hasn't made breakfast yet, I'll have to cook up something.

To my surprise, I didn't find Ai in the living room area and kitchen. I then notice from beneath the work room door that the lights were on inside. Don't tell me he's still working until now?! That's insane! I-I'm not exactly in the right position to say that since I'm also a workaholic...but!

I quickly open the door.

"Ai?!" my voice comes out full of concern.

On the floor, I see him lying down on his right side with papers surrounding him. I head over to his side immediately to check up on him.

"Ai?" I gently turn him over a little.

He's asleep but his breathing is a bit heavy and he looks pale. I touch his forehead and discover that he's caught a fever; he's sick.

"Ai, wake up. Please wake up." I shake him a little.

His eyes open slowly; he doesn't look so good.

"Kaori?" he slowly sits up. As he gets up, he holds his head and a pained expression forms on his face.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm alright. I must have just gotten up a little too fast."

You've got to be kidding me; you were getting up quite slow.

"Ai, you look terrible."

"I'm fine. Perhaps I just didn't sleep well since I ended up sleeping here on the floor while working." He coughs a little. "What time is it? I have to go to the agency to submit something to my manager."

I stare at him as he picks up the papers from the floor. His voice is softer than the usual.

"Kaori, I'll be back home perhaps after four in the afternoon if my work will go smoothly today. If ever I'll be coming home late, I'll message you. If I'll come home as late as last night, you can go ahead and eat dinner ahead of me; feel free to sleep ahead of me as well."

He was coughing as he talked and I noticed that he couldn't focus; he's really in bad shape. I stand up from the floor and take the papers away from his hands. "Ai, I won't allow you to go to work today; you're sick. You should stay home and rest or else you'll just get worse."

"I'm sick? So this is what it means to be sick."

"Uh...Excuse me, What?"

"This would be the first time I've gotten sick since I've become human."

Oh, now that he mentions it, this is the first time he's gotten sick; he's usually healthy.

"Ai, let's get you to bed."

I go by his side and accompany him to our room; he's a little unsteady but he made it. I was a little worried though when we were going up the stairs; he almost tripped a little. I tuck him to bed as soon as we got inside our room.

"Ai, I'll just go and prepare something that you could eat. I'll also call your manager and tell him that you're sick so you can't make it to work. I'll be right back."