Chapter 67: Kumagai Live Concert

"Kyaaaa! We love you, Tatsui!"
"Namie! Namie! Namie!"
"Mikaze Ai, you're the best!"
"This concert is awesome!"
"I love you, Kaori!"
"You're all amazing! We want more!"

There are so many people in the stadium; the crowd is really full of energy! You can practically hear them clearly here from the backstage.
I looked towards the special guests' area and I could see some famous actors and idols; I can see Saotome-sensei enjoying himself. He really did come, huh? Oh lord, butterfly population in my stomach has probably reached a million now.

"Kaori." Ai puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Ah! Yes!" I got surprised and turned around.

"It's time to go to the rising platform underneath the stage; we're going to perform next."

The rising platform is a platform underneath the main stage; it's where you can surprise everyone but coming out of nowhere.

"O-okay. Let's go."

Ai grabs my hand and we went towards under the stage. I was shaking a bit because I was filled with excitement and worry; I'm full of mixed emotions like winning a grand prize from a mini game that you don't really need but need to keep anyway.

"Kaori, you need to relax."

We stepped onto the rising platform.

"Don't worry, I'm with you." He smiles as the platform started going upwards towards the stage on top.

When Ai says things are going to be alright, I feel more relax and safer.

When the rising platform reached the top of the stage, we jumped and landed onto the center stage.

I took a deep breath and shouted, "How's everyone doing so far tonight?!"

Ai and I position ourselves on the stage to prepare for the dancing part of our first duet song.

"Can't stop it!"

"The beating heart!"

We were going to perform just one song but Naoto-san made one extra song the other day and insisted that we should perform it. The song was called "Heartbeat, Lovebeat"; it's an energetic pop song that you could really dance to; I can't believe that he made us learn and memorize this song and the dance routine within a week. The bright side though is that I get to perform two songs with Ai and I think that it's great.

The song was fast paced so the dancing and singing was quite complicated but manageable. The audience loved the song and I swear I think I saw Saotome-sensei dancing to the song.

The song finishes and the audience was cheering really loud; I feel so happy that they liked it a lot.

Ai gets closer to the audience then waves to them. "Did you all enjoy that number?"

The audience were responding and their response was really positive.

"You guys are definitely energetic and happy, right?"

The audience shouts "Yes!"

"So happy that your heart would beat so strong as if it would jump out of your chest?"

The audience shouts "Yes!" once again.

Ai chuckles. "The feeling is great, isn't it? Being filled by a rushing energy of happiness, getting warmed up all inside, and seeing things in a bright shining light—it's wonderful, isn't it?"