Chapter 88: Forgotten Worries

Today was full of nothing but practice; I feel quite tired from our rehearsals and I'm certain that this calls for an ample amount of sleep. However...it's the dead of the night and I can't sleep; this is quite troublesome. I don't know if the cause of my sleeping problem is this uneasy feeling growing inside of me or if it's because of Ranmaru's loud snoring.

"Hey Ai-chan, are you awake?" Someone whispers.

I turn to my right side and see on the bed next to me a cheerful Reiji smiling brightly.

"What do you want, Reiji? It's the middle of the night."

"I can't sleep. I can't sleep! I'm too excited for tomorrow!"

"...Me too."

Reiji chuckles. "So what time will Kaori be here in Niigata?"

"She said that she'll arrive in Niigata at nine in the morning then she'll go directly to the event via bus."

"The station is around an hour away from the event venue right? She'll make it in time then since our performance will be eleven thirty in the morning. She'll be commuting with Haruka, Tomochan, and the boys, right?"

"Yeah, she won't be travelling alone so I don't have to worry."

"That's great! I'm glad that Starish accept me and Ran-Ran's invitation; then this means the whole gang will be there! Yay! Hyuuga-san and Ringo-chan said that they'll be going to the event too; don't worry, I didn't tell them about the little surprise. Hehe. Oh, is Manager-san going as well?"

"I'm not sure if he's going but Kaori said most probably he'll go but later on."

"Ai-Ai, are you excited? Are you excited? Are you wondering what kind of reaction Kaori-chan will have? I'm also excited to see everyone surprised when you propose to her all of a sudden out of nowhere. Haha!"

"I am excited, very excited but I am also nervous."

"Hmm, that's normal but I really think that you have no reason to be nervous at all; I'm a hundred percent sure that she'll be extremely happy when you propose to her. She loves you just as much as you love her; you two are so cute! Haha! How to be you, Ai? Hey if Kaori-chan has a sister, introduce me to her; help me out here."

"Sorry Reiji, she only has brothers."

"Urk! Really?! Sad for me...I'll be single foreverrrr! Maybe I should just take Kaori from you before she gets to the fair."

"Reiji." I say with seriousness.

"Haha. Just kidding! I'm not that type of person! I can't believe you'd think I'd do it. I thought we were friends, Ai-Ai!"

"I think anyone would be annoyed with that kind of joke. You really should be more careful with your words."

"I guess so! My bad, my bad! Where did you put the ring? Don't forget it tomorrow!"

"I already placed it in my suit's inner jacket pocket so that I wouldn't forget."

"That's good." Reiji puts his arms behind his head and looks up to the ceiling as he lay on his bed.

After those words left his mouth, there was a moment of silence between us; you can only hear Ranmaru's snore echoing in the room.

"I can't believe it, you're really going to get married, huh? Time sure flies. I'm really happy for you. If you and Kaori ever need help, I'll always be there; feel free to ask for my help anytime."

"Thank you, Reiji. I know you'll be there to help or listen to us if ever. You've always been a good friend ever since even back at the academy; you haven't really changed at all."