Chapter 98: A Little Surprise

"Thank you very much for your hard work today, Mrs. Kisaragi. The recording went on really smoothly."

"Thank you as well for bearing with me. I hope that the single will do well in the ratings." I say as I walk with the music director towards the main entrance of the recording studio.

"I'm sure it will do well. Oh."

The two of us stand by the main entrance's door, watching the rain pour down from the sky.

"Mrs. Kisaragi, do you have an umbrella? Will you be commuting or walking going home?" he asks worriedly.

"I don't have an umbrella but my husband will be coming to pick me up so you don't have to worry. You go on ahead home; you live quite far, right?"

"Alright, I'll go ahead then. Take care on your way home, Mrs. Kisaragi and tell your husband I said hello."

"You too, director!"

He opens his umbrella and walks towards the parking lot where his car is parked.

I look up at the night sky. The raindrops look like little diamonds falling from the sky; it's beautiful. There aren't any stars in the sky since it's raining. Though I can't see the clouds in the dark sky, there are probably lots of them since the stars can't be seen at all; I can't see the moon either. I hope the rain will only last for the night and won't be a storm that would last for days.

Ai, please arrive soon. I really want to get home as soon as possible. Since this morning, I've been thinking about it all day long. I want to find out if what I'm thinking is true.

My grip tightens on my bag as I think about the pregnancy tester that I bought from a nearby drug store during my break earlier today.

My period hasn't come yet when it was suppose to start last week. I've been gradually feeling tired these days and my morning sickness hasn't stopped. Also, my breasts have been feeling tender and sensitive for the past few days; this convinced me that I might be pregnant after all. If I'm pregnant, then that means my stomach will grow bigger, right? I'll have to buy maternity clothes in the future. Next thing you know, I'll be shopping for baby clothes when we find out the gender of the child. Oh! We'll buy feeding bottles, baby food, a crib, and baby toys too! I worry though about the strange food cravings and the mood swings. I hope that I won't be asking for very strange things and that I won't be so mean to Ai. Ah! I hope I won't cry often because of the mood swings! That would definitely send Ai panicking around! I want to be smiling always so that the baby would be happy and smiley! Hmm...I'm a little scared of giving birth. Aside from it being really painful, I'm worried of dying from the labor; I want to be able to live and be with my bundle of joy and Ai. Whaa, why am I thinking of dying while giving birth?! I shouldn't be so negative or think of such a thing! I should be positive and believe that I'll live thru it and be with my loved ones until I die of old age!

As I continue to think about being pregnant, a car stops on front of the recording studio; it's Ai. He gets out of the car with an umbrella.

"How was work today?"

I smile at him. "Smooth as a marble."

He takes my hand and kisses my forehead. "Let's go before the rain gets stronger."

We head to the car as he holds the umbrella, keeping us both dry from the rain.

If I am pregnant, I wonder how Ai will react. Will he be shocked? Delighted? Happy? Sad? Worried? What would he feel and think at the moment he learns that he'll be a father? Whaaa! I feel all bubbly inside! I feel so strange!