Chapter 72: Hush

Chapter 72: Hush

*knock knock knock*

"Comeee innnn!"

Manager-san opens the door and enters Saotome's office together with Ai.

"Ah, Mr. Kumagai and Mr. Mikaze. I've been waiting for you two."

Saotome looks at Ai.

"That bruise doesn't look too good, Mrrrr. Mikaze. I've already called the professor to come over and treat you; he'll be here by the time we finish talking."

Manager-san wonders why Saotome said "professor" instead of "doctor".

"Now listen you two, I received a call earlier from a manager of a certain agency. The manager was complaining to me about a certain incident that had happened to his little star today. What surprised me though is the person he claims to have hurt his star; he told me it was you—Mikaze Ai."

"And just when you've returned from a wonderful vacation, something like this happens. Is the story true?"

"I will admit; I punched Kunisaki."

Saotome's right eyebrow flinched. "It's true? This is very surprising. To think of all people to start or to get involved in a fight, you would have been one of the last people to enter my mind."

"Well sir, Mikaze was provo—"

"Please be quiet, Mr. Kumagai. I am speaking with Mr. Mikaze."

Saotome looks at Manager-san seriously.

"Yes, sir...I'm sorry for butting in."

"Mr. Mikaze, would you please tell me what happened? I am curious as to what caused you to turn violent; this is the first time you've acted that way."

Ai wanted to explain what happened but he hesitated because it would mean that he'd end up revealing their guarded secret.

"Hm? If you will keep silent, then I'd have no other reference than the other party's version of the story. If that would be the case, then I should not only suspend you but Ms. Yamashita as well."

Manager-san and Ai gets surprised.

"Sir! Why would you suspend Kaori?! She was a victim!"

"A victim? Mr. Kumagai, that's not the case with Mr. Kunisaki's story; he claims that Kaori had provoked him which caused a misunderstanding and led to today's incident."

"What?! That's not what happened!"

"Unless Mr. Mikaze would tell me his side of the story, then I will have no other reference for today's incident."

Manager-san looks at Ai with worry. He knows what might happen if Ai would tell Saotome what had really happened but he wants Ai to explain to prevent Kaori's unjust suspension.

Ai understands and he too doesn't want Kaori to get suspended either.

"That man is a filthy liar; Kunisaki is lying to you."

"Then what really happened today, Mr. Mikaze?"

"I went to see Kaori at the studio; when I arrived there, I was told that Kaori was no longer in the recording room. A staff member told me that Kunisaki came to pick her up; he says that for the past few days, Kunisaki has been asking for her. I got worried because Kunisaki doesn't treat Kaori very well."

"I can attest to that! When Kaori and Kunisaki worked together for a drama series, he would touch her quite frequently! He's a pervert! I had to be present all the time to scold him and take his hands off of Kaori."