Chapter 10: Recording Test

Author's note: Once again, I had to write some lyrics. I hope it turned out alright (^_^;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10: Recording Test

It's been a four days since the day Hyuga-sensei gave us the recording test. I finally finished making the melody and lyrics. All I have to do is record it now. I heard that Haruka was the one who composed the melody for Ittoki-san's song yesterday. It was a nice melody! Haruka is talented too! I must do my best as well!

I was on my way to the recording room when I suddenly bumped into someone at the corner of the hallway. My music sheets fell and were everywhere.

"Ah! I'm sorry for bumping you!" I bowed my head and quickly picked up my music sheets. I might lose a page!

"Ah! No! It was my fault! I wasn't paying attention." The boy then helped me pick up my music sheet. His voice sounds familiar.

"Here, I got everything else. I think it's complete."

I stood up and got the papers from the boy. "Thank you very much for helping me."

When I looked up, I realized that the boy was my classmate. It was Kurusu Syo.

"You're Kurusu Syo, right?"

He looked at me intently and then said, "Oh! You're from our class. Um...you're Yamashita Kaori, right?"

I nodded.

Suddenly, a voice was heard from the hall that Kurusu-san came from, "Syo! Where are you?!"

"Ah! Oh no! He caught up to me!"

Caught up? Who is Kurusu-san talking about?

"Kurusu-san, who are you—"

"I found you, Syo!"

"Waaaah! Natsuki! Let go of me!"

"Haha! Not until you agree to let me take a picture of you wearing a cute Piyo-chan hat!"

"What?! No way!"

The tall blonde guy was hugging Kurusu-san while Kurusu-san was trying to get away. It looks kind of cute that I ended up giggling.
The tall blonde guy noticed me.

"Oh! Who is she, Syo? She looks so cute as well!"

"She's my classmate, Yamashita Kaori."

"Nice to meet you, Ori-chan! I'm Syo's friend, Shinomiya Natsuki."

Shinomiya-san has a nice smile. He seems very kind as well.

"It's nice to meet you, Shinomiya-san."

Kurusu-san and Shinomiya-san looked at me.

"Eh? Did I say something wrong?"

"You call people by their last name don't you?"

I nodded at Kurusu-san.

He smiles and then said, "Just call me Syo. There's no need to be so formal with me!"

Shinomiya-san gets off of Syo and says, "You can just call me Natsuki or Na-chan if you'd like!"

"Na-chan? Who calls you that?" Syo asked Natsuki.

"Otoyan does! We made nicknames for each other during the first day of class. We call Masato-san Masayan, and then we call Tomochika-san Tomochan!"

"Natsuki, you know Tomochan and Hijirikawa-san?"

"You know them, Ori-chan?"

"Yes. I'm friends with Tomochan and Haruka. Then I met Hijirikawa-san in the practice hall. I also know Otoya because we met once when I found him and Haruka practicing for the recording test."