Chapter 37: Who Are You? (Part 1)

"That's a wrap everybody! Good job! I'm sure this album is going to hit the charts!"

The manager sounded happy as he spoke through the intercom and I was also happy because of what he said. Kurosaki-senpai seemed very pleased as we listened to the recordings together with the manager and staff.

"Now that's what I call rock music." He said as he listened intently to one of the songs. I was really amazed with the results of the recording! We sound really good and the songs were strong enough to make me want to dance and sing along and it makes me feel like I'm in a rock concert!

"This is amazing." I said unconsciously.

"You bet it is. You did a good job, kid." Kurosaki-senpai said.

"I wouldn't be surprised if this album would be in the top 10 hits! This is too good to not be there! I'd totally question anyone who says that this album sucks!" the manager said.

Everyone packed up but the manager was so pleased with the job that he treated everyone to dinner at a restaurant. Some of the staff members couldn't go but majority of us were able to go to the restaurant; we were quite a noisy bunch. Haha.

The manager stood up with a cup in his hand and said, "Cheers for a job well done and hope this album be a great success!"

Everyone raised their glasses. "Cheers!"

There was a lot of delicious food and alcoholic drinks were served but I requested for iced tea since I don't really drink alcohol. I'm glad I came since this means I wouldn't need to buy some food from the convenient store later and if there are left over food, I could take them. Thank you, manager-san!

"You don't drink?" Kurosaki-senpai asked.

"I can drink but I don't really like alcohol. I prefer tea, juice, or water."

"Heh, suit yourself."

"Thank you for working hard, Kurosaki-senpai. I enjoyed working with you and I really thought that you were awesome."

"I had some fun too. Have you thought of being a rock musician? You ain't bad you know. I would consider being in a band with you."

"Haha. I'll keep that in mind. I prefer to be able to work in all fields though instead of sticking to one."

"Good luck then, Kaoru."

Kurosaki-senpai called me by my name. Am I acknowledged? I am so happy! I will do my best to become better!

It was already late and we all went on our way home. I got some of the leftover food so that means I won't have to buy food later and in the morning!

"Let's go, kid. It's late."

"Yes!"

I rode again with Kurosaki-senpai on the way back to the academy and I guess this would be the last time that I'll get to. We talked as usual in the car until I was dropped off.

"Kurosaki-senpai!"

"Hm?"

"Thank you!"

He gave me a smiled and I waved good bye as he drove away. I'll miss him; he was really cool and nice.

I made my way to the back of the academy and entered thru the back gate. I passed thru the gardens to get to the main building. I was looking around while walking and it sure is dark here at the gardens during the night. Though there are some light posts, they're not enough to light the whole path of the garden. The light posts aren't as bright as they usually are; perhaps the light bulbs haven't been replaced yet or perhaps they're dirty or something?
As I walked, a black cat suddenly came out of nowhere and surprised me. I tripped and screamed a bit but not too loud though; I fell into the bushes.

"Ouch ouch ouch! That cat surprised me! Good thing I didn't sprain my leg or get hurt or anything."

I touched my head to check if I had a wound or something but then I realized.

"Oh no! My wig is gone!"

My long pony tail was exposed and that means that my wig came off. I frantically started looking for it in the bushes; I thought that perhaps it got caught in the bushes when I fell.

"It's not here. I can't find it!"
Darn it, I can't find it and the dim lights here in the gardens aren't exactly helping me!

I was searching around another part of the bushes when I heard the bushes behind me rustle. I looked behind me and Ichinose-san was there! He was just as surprised as I was. What is he doing here in the middle of the night?! Why now?!

"Yamashita-san?"

I reluctantly nodded.

He looked at me from top to bottom and I think he's curious about why I'm wearing the male uniform.
Oh wait, Ichinose-san hasn't met Kaoru yet; I think. He was put into A class before Kaoru came.

"Excuse me, how do you know my name?" I said.

"You were a classmate in S class, were you not?"

"I haven't seen you in S class before."

"Huh?"

"Perhaps you're mistaking me for my sister?"

"Your sister?"

"Yes. I'm Yamashita Kaoru, the older brother of Yamashita Kaori of S class."

I hope this works. Based on his facial expression, I think it's working. He was intently looking at me.

"I'm Ichinose Tokiya. I belonged to S class but was transferred into A class. I'm sorry that I mistook you for your sister. My apologies."

Ichinose-san was still staring at me.

"Looking at you...you look almost exactly the same as Kaori."

"Well, of course. We are siblings after all."

"What are you doing here so late at night?"

"I would be asking you the same, Ichinose-san. Actually, I work part time for Shining Agency and I just got back from a job and I tripped because I got surprised by a cat and lost my wig when I fell so now I'm looking for it."

"Lost your wig? You wear a wig?"

"My hair is actually this long but the agency told me to get it cut because I'd look better with short hair but I refused to cut it and so they gave me a wig to use."

"Oh. I'll help you look for it."

"You don't have to!"

"It's alright. I don't mind."

Ichinose-san starts looking thru the bushes and around the nearby areas where it could have been caught.

After searching for a while, Ichinose-san suddenly said, "I found it!"