Chapter 58: Feeling

Chapter 58: Feeling

Rei-chan notices that Mikaze-senpai looks a bit down.

"Ai-chan, you okay? You seem under the weather."

"I'm fine. It may just be your imagination."

Kurosaki-senpai puts down the magazine he was reading and takes a look at Mikaze-senpai.

"Reiji's right. You do look down, Ai."

"You're both mistaken; I'm alright."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a long time since I've had a free day! I've been stuck with filming for the series two to three times a week, composing songs for a new album, modelling for ManAge and other magazines, hosting in variety shows, and I've recently started a voice acting job for a shounen anime series; sometimes I wonder if weekends even mean anything anymore since I work practically every day. Sigh, I know I shouldn't complain but I'm still a human being with wants and needs; sleep and having some fun is now a part of my needs.

"You guys ready?" I asked as I popped my head out from the door.

"All set and ready to go!" Syo said as he put on a hat.

"It's wonderful that we're all free today! I can't wait to have fun again in Carnival World!" Natsuki said.

"Yeah! This time, it's a clear and sunny day!" I said as we left their room.

"Let's go find Ai-chan and see if he's ready to go." Natsuki said.

Today, we're all going to Carnival World to have some fun since we're all free today! It's a miracle that we're all free on the same day and so we thought of having some fun. We looked for Mikaze-senpai and found him somewhere at the lobby; he was together with the other Quartet Night members.

"Ah, there he is!" Syo said as he spots Mikaze-senpai.

"Oh! Hey Ai, look; you're juniors are all here!" Rei-chan said as we approached them.

"Ai-chan! We're all ready to go to Carnival World. Are you ready?" Natsuki asked in a very cheerful and excited tone.

Mikaze-senpai looks at Syo and Natsuki. When he looked at me, he suddenly averted his eyes; I really feel that he's been avoiding me lately.

"...You'll have to go without me; I have work to do today."

Rei-chan gets surprised and looks at Mikaze-senpai all of a sudden.

Our smiles slowly faded away with his words; we all felt a bit disappointed that he couldn't go with us. Here I thought that we were all free for the day.

"Huh? But Ai-senpai, I thought you had no work today?" Syo asked.

"I suddenly got job offer last night and I decided to take it; it would be a wasted opportunity."

Syo turned to Natsuki and I with a disheartened smile; I guess Mikaze-senpai really won't be coming with us.

"Alright, we understand; there's nothing we can do then. We'll get you a cute souvenir when we come back. Good luck with your work today; we'll be leaving now." Natsuki then signaled Syo and I that we should go.

I felt quite disappointed deep inside; I was excited at the thought that he would join us today. Well, work is important after all; I can't blame him.

Syo looks over to me and sees my saddened face.

"Hey, don't be so down; Ai has work so we can't do anything about it. But...he could have turned it down since he promised to go out with us; maybe it was a big offer."