Chapter 77: [Error 76] Path Not Found

"Good job today! It was a pleasure to work with you!" The staff of the talk show greeted me and I gave them my thanks as well. My next job will be after two hours at another studio; I'll be appearing in a quiz show next.

"Mikaze, let's get going to the car. The next studio is at the other end of Tokyo so we'll have to do our best not to be late."

I nodded and followed my manager to the car.

*beep beep beep*

Huh? I got a message?

I opened the message and it said, "Good morning! I just woke up. How are you? I hope you're well and I hope you're not pushing yourself too hard. If ever you'll come home, please tell me so that I could cook something for you. Take care always. —Kaori"

"Kaori..." I said softly. This person is...who is she again? She messages me from time to time but I don't really reply because I don't know who she is; the manager however said to me that I do know her but he's not sure of my relationship with her since he just got assigned to me. I found myself thinking for a while. I felt uneasy as I tried to remember this person but it seems that I have forgotten about her.

...I forgot? I've been forgetting a lot of things lately. When I needed to get some clothes, I went to the dorm and to my surprise all of my belongings were no longer in Syo and Natsuki's room. The two of them were also surprised by my sudden visit and then they told me that I had already moved into an apartment with Kaori. Due to the lack of time to go to the apartment where I supposedly live, I borrowed clothes from them. When they told me that I lived with Kaori, I just assumed that perhaps she's important to me. Sigh...Sometimes, I even forget why I am working this hard these days; all I know is that it's important to beat the record of Saotome's hit song. This is quite alarming; how could I forget things? Perhaps there's something wrong with me again? ...Again? When was the first time that something went wrong with me?

I thought for a moment and suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my head and chest.
Ugh! I remember now, it was at a concert...in the dressing room...I couldn't wake up...and a person was calling out to me...that person was worried that I couldn't wake up...it was Kaori.

Upon remembering that, I started to remember who Kaori was and my relationship with her. How could I forget her? This is alarming indeed. Something is wrong with me again; I should notify the professor about this memory loss of mine after today's work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

It's been a week since I got discharged from the hospital. I was recommended to have voice rest until next week after which I could start talking again but not so much; I would be allowed to talk as long it doesn't put stress on my voice. I'm glad to be back at the apartment; the hospital was really boring and lonely...well it's kind of lonely here at the apartment too but not as much compared to being at the hospital.

Ai has been working very hard ever since the launch of his new album. He's been promoting it here and there—everywhere. He has been appearing in several television shows and interviews, he has a lot of mini live performances, and he even has meet and greet events. I hope he's taking care of his health. It's been days since he last came home after all; I wonder what he is doing right now. I send him a message from time to time but he rarely answers because he's either working or resting. I sigh as I sweep the floor of the living room of our apartment. I miss him but I know that he's working hard for the both of us so I should do my best to keep the house clean and wait patiently for him! Yes! You can do it, Kaori!

Wiping my sweat while looking at the clean floor, I got a glass of water and sat down on the couch. I turned on the television and the program showing was about entertainment.