Chapter 73: Torn

Chapter 73: Torn

I was too tired to go to the café for breakfast so I decided to eat here at the lobby; I just bought food from a nearby convenience store.

"Kaori!"

"Good morning, Haruka."

"I'm happy to see that you're feeling better now."

"Yeah, it's all thanks to you and Ai. Thank you for taking care of me."

"So what did Mikaze-senpai do to cheer you up?"

I spit my water. "W-we just talked and all...haha..."

What he did was really embarrassing for me...I can't believe he did that...Erase. Erase. Erase. I can't think about that now; I'll explode or something. Too embarrassing!

Haruka then gives me a newspaper.

"Look at the headline, Kaori. Saotome-sensei acts really fast and I'm glad that Kunisaki-san is getting punished for what he did to you."

I looked at the newspaper and I was quite impressed that Saotome-sensei was able to sue Kunisaki so fast; it's only been four days since then. The headlines said, "Kunisaki Sent to Jail for Sexual Harassment and Serious Physical Injury Case from Shining Agency."
He's going to jail? Saotome-sensei can be really scary sometimes; sometimes I wonder if there are things he can't do? I'm very thankful that I didn't get raped but I felt like being raped by his touches and that kiss...He really is disgusting; why do girls like him? They should learn more about the person they like; one must check what's beneath a mask. Hm? Serious physical injury? Was Ai hurt that bad? He seemed quite fine when he went to cheer me up on that day; I should ask him about this when I see him.

I read the article for a while.

"Huh? So he didn't reveal either Ai's or my name in the media; I'm relieved about that. If my name turned up, my friends and parents will surely become murderers; you'll all kill Kunisaki. I don't think that would have been a good outcome. I should thank Saotome-sensei when I meet him."

"That reminds me, I wonder what happened to Manager-san and Ai when they went to Saotome-sensei's office. Did you hear anything from them yet, Kaori?"

"They haven't said anything to me yet. I'm also kind of afraid to ask about what went on in the office...I have a pretty good guess..."

"Kaori."

"Ah. Good morning, Masato!"

"Good morning, Hijirikawa-san."

"Good morning to you both."

Masato sees the headline of the newspaper I was holding.

"I'm happy he ended up going to jail. How are you feeling, Kaori?"

"I feel much better now; sorry to worry you."

Masato pats my head. "I'm relieved to know you're alright now. You really were in terrible shape when you got back."

"Yeah, I was. I remember that my eyes were so sore that I had a cold wet towel over my eyes for two nights. Haha."

Haruka and Masato spent the morning with me. The three of us just talked about anything that came to mind. After a while, Haruka and Masato tell me that it has been announced that Starish has been nominated for the Utapri award. I was really happy for them! It's a step closer to their dream and goal!

"That's great! Congratulations! I'm sure that you guys can win the award! I'll be rooting for you all!"

"Thank you, Kaori. I'll make sure to compose a winning song for Starish that everyone will enjoy!"