Chapter 23: Hayato's Concert

We were able to reach Carnival World safely.

"Were you guys here to see Hayato's concert too?" Haruka asked Natsuki and Syo.

"We...actually..." Syo then points at Natsuki who took out a small poster from his bag.

"Actually we're here because there's a Piyo-chan character show after the concert. Syo-chan said he had to see it so we went together but we saw everyone this morning and invited them to come here in Carnival World but only Ori-chan was available."

"Hey! I didn't say anything like that!" Syo said angrily and flustered. "Letting you go anywhere alone is dangerous! That's why I came with you!"

"Aww, don't be shy Syo-chan."

"I have no interest in Piyo-chan or whatever!"

"Sure, sure. You're so cute when you're bashful, Syo-chan!"

Haha. These two are so cute!
We decided to go with Haruka to watch Hayato's concert since the Piyo-chan show was after it. The show was still some time in the evening so we went around Carnival World first to pass the time.

The show was outdoors. The stage looked nice with all its lights.
The sky was getting dark though and I think it's not because it's evening.
I think it's going to rain. That would be bad since I didn't bring an umbrella with me today. Haruka on the other hand was smiling and looked really happy and excited.
The show was starting and it was showing clips of Hayato.

Hayato...he looks just like Ichi—

"He really looks just like Tokiya-kun, doesn't he?" Natsuki said.

"Naturally he does. I mean, they are identical twins." Syo said.

Syo yawns. "I wish this was Hyuga-sensei's concert..."

"Syo-chan, watching a pro at work from up close is an important way to study, too."

Suddenly, Hayato's voice started talking. "Good evening! Thank you all for coming to my concert this evening!

Hayato then appeared. I could see Haruka's happy face from my left side. Hehe.

Hayato started singing and all the fans were shouting out to him and cheering him on.
Not to ruin Haruka's image of him but I think that something is just wrong...something's not right with him. His singing is perfect in tune and all but I feel that something is missing.

I looked over to Haruka and she seemed disappointed. Her big smile was now a face of confusion and sadness.
Syo notices that I was staring at Haruka and looks at her as well.

"What's wrong, Nanami?"

"His voice is beautiful...but somehow it's not the same as it used to be."

We were all looking at her with concern. Her expression was really heart breaking for me.

Suddenly, Hayato dropped his microphone when he did a dance move where he spun around.

The crowd started shouting.
"What the hell are you doing? Keep performing!"
"Hayato!"
"Hayato-sama!"
"Hayato, hang in there!"
The crowd had people whispering to one another and shouting comments of encouragement and criticism at the same time.

A woman who was standing behind Natsuki accidentally pushed him and caused Natsuki to trip forward. He didn't fall but his glasses did...and the worst part was that a woman on heels accidentally stepped on them.
Lightning struck and thunder echoed in the sky. Rain poured down afterwards.
Lightning struck and it hit one of the lights and destroyed its light bulbs. The crowd panicked and started running around.

Satsuki then threw away the Piyo-chan hat that Natsuki was wearing and shouted really loud.

"Shinomiya-san?!" Haruka said.

"Satsuki!" Syo said.

Satsuki then went near the stage. "Hayato!"
He caught Hayato's attention and looked at him.

"Why do you sing insincere songs?!"

Syo tried to apprehend Satsuki but he missed because Satsuki started running towards the stage.

"Damn it! Kaori, Nanami, his glasses!"

"R-right! Haruka and I looked for Natsuki's glasses.

Satsuki was able to take down the staff and security stationed after the stage barricade and got on the stage. He looked at Hayato.

"You're in the spotlight but your true feelings hide in pitch-black darkness. It pisses me off."

Hayato got surprised.

"I'm the dark side of Shinomiya Natsuki but I never lie to myself. Listen to me sing, listen to my song."

Hayato nods and tells his staff to let him sing.