Chapter 71: A Stolen Kiss From The Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

"Kaori, we're at the building now."

I get out of the car.

"Manager-san, will I wait for you at the lobby or will we meet at the recording room?"

"About that, I can't stay with you today. It seems that I was given an urgent errand to do for the agency. I'm sorry but I'll be busy for quite some time."

"Ah, Manager-san before you leave, I have something to tell you. Last Monday, while I was wandering around, I bumped into Kuni—"

*ring ring ring*

"Hold on, it's a call from the agency." Manager-san answers his call. "Hello? Kumagai speaking...WHAT?! How could you people make such a mistake with the contract like that?! I'm going there right now!"

Manager-san ends the call and immediately buckles up.

"I'm sorry Kaori but it seems some idiots have made a grave mistake with a contract deal for the agency. I'll listen to whatever you were going to say later when I come back to pick you up. I'm really sorry!"

Manager-san then drove away...

"Manager-s-san..."

I didn't get to tell him about Kunisaki today either... Last Tuesday, I tried telling him but then Manager-san was called into a meeting by the agency; ever since then, he's been really busy. When I tried to tell him again the other day, I was always cut off because of work. What will I do if Kunisaki comes to harass me again today? I can't take it anymore. This would make it the fifth day that he's going to come to see me.

I went into the building and as I rode the elevator, I kept thinking about how to avoid Kunisaki again. The other day, I was forced to eat lunch with him at a restaurant. Then he made me go out with him to a park. Yesterday, he made me eat with him again. Going out and going around with him isn't the hard part; what's hard is avoiding his touch. He keeps putting his arm over my shoulder, wraps his arm around my waist, touching my hair, caressing my cheek, and he would try to hold my hand; it really annoys me so much. I hate it when he touches me; I detest it. I want to refuse his invitations but if I do that...he'll tell Saotome-sensei about my relationship with Ai...How long will he be doing this? Will he ever stop?

Ugh! I have to stop thinking about Kunisaki for now! I have to concentrate on my work! Alright! Do your best today, Kaori! Do your best!

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I did pretty well today! I was even complemented by my co-workers! I feel really good.

Work finished a bit earlier than usual so I hurriedly walked thru the hallway and towards the elevator, hoping that Kunisaki is not around yet. I waited for the elevator to arrive; I kept praying that it would come faster.

"Please come before he does. Please..."

The elevator finally reached my floor and there's no sign of Kunisaki being around. As the elevator doors opened, I hurriedly went in and pressed the ground floor button. Today might be my lucky day! I haven't seen Kunisaki all day long.

The elevator then stops a few floors before the ground floor; I guess someone is going down too. When the doors opened, my joy became fear and disgust—it's Kunisaki.

"Fancy meeting you here, Kaori."

He gets in the elevator.

"K-Kunisaki-san, good evening. This is my floor so I'll be going now."