Chapter 96: Somewhere By The Sea

"Mr. Kisaragi, we've arrived at the hotel." The driver says as he gets out of the car.

He opens the door at my side and sees Kaori still asleep. I put my finger on my lips, telling him not to wake her up.

"Let her rest. She gets tired easily when spending time with a lot of people. Could you help me bring her to our room? I can carry her but her dress is too long."

"I will assist you then, Mr. Kisaragi. Please watch your heads." He says as I get off the car with Kaori in my arms. He picks up the end of the dress to prevent it from dragging across the floor. The length of the dress was based on her height when wearing heels so without the heels it certainly touches the floor.

The driver not only helped me with bringing Kaori to our hotel room but he also helped with bringing up some of the wedding gifts we received from friends and family. Kaori and I told Ms. Katsura to have all the other gifts to be delivered to our apartment back in Tokyo. The gifts we were able to bring back with us were those from our closest friends and family which we wanted to open during our honeymoon.

"Thank you for your help; I appreciate it."

"Any time, sir. Congratulations and have a pleasant evening."

"Drive safely."

He slightly bows and goes on his way to the elevators; he's a kind man.

I close the door and turn to look at Kaori; she's sleeping soundly. Most probably she'll wake up a little later. Today was extremely tiring but it was filled with wonderful events. I would relive the moment if I could but now there will just be more moments to look forward to.

I take off my suit's coat and hanged it inside the closet.

Thank goodness the weather wasn't hot today or else all of us men would have been soaking wet with our own sweat. I did, however, sweat a little due to the reception's little surprise performance. It was really enjoyable but a little warning beforehand would have been good; everyone went a little overboard.

I loosen my tie and remove my vest.

I should take a bath to clean myself up and get refreshed. Should I use the shower or the bathtub? The two are equally enjoyable. Perhaps I should use the bathtub tonight; it would be relaxing to take my time and soak myself in the warm water. That sounds good; I think I'll go with that.

I enter the bathroom and prepare the bathtub. It's been a while since I last used a bathtub now that I think about it. We have one at the apartment but I usually don't have time to take a leisurely bath in the bathtub.

While waiting for the bathtub to be filled, I start to undress and tie my hair into a ponytail.

"Hm? How careless of me." I realize that I forgot to get a change of clothes. I really do become careless when tired. The bath isn't filled yet; I can go and get some clothes before the water level rises enough.

I take a towel and wrap it around my waist to cover my lower body. As I was about to open the bathroom door to get my clothes from the cabinet, it suddenly swings open towards me.

*THUD*

Luckily I was able to stop the door with my hand and didn't get hit.

"A-Ah! I'm sorry! So sorry!" Kaori says. "I didn't know you were inside! Sorry! Sorry!"

"I'm okay. I caught the door so I didn't get hit."

"Sigh. That's a relief." She gently pulls the door away from me. "Did you hurt your hand?"