Chapter 25: Friends Are Nurses

I opened my eyes and see a familiar ceiling.

"W...Where am I?"

I try getting up from the bed but it seems my strength could only let me get up half way.
My body feels so weak and it kind of hurts to move.

"Don't move too much or suddenly. If you need to get up, do it slowly."
It was Hijirikawa-san. He helped me sit up on the bed. I had to move slowly because it was really painful to move my body. What the hell. First I was banned from sweets and now I'm stuck on bed! I've done nothing wrong. I've been a good girl. God, why am I subjected to these sufferings? Huhu.

"T-thank you, Hijirikawa-san."

"Kaori! You're awake!"

Haruka was putting flowers in the vase beside the door and then approached me.

"Thank goodness you woke up. Syo-kun, Shinomiya-san, and I were so scared when you fainted all of a sudden."

"So I did faint. I'm sorry to cause you all trouble."

I looked around the room and realize that I'm in the academy's clinic.

"Good morning, everyone!" Otoya, Syo, and Natsuki entered the room.

"Good morning, Ori-chan! This is for you!"
Natsuki gave me a Piyo-chan stuff toy.

"Thank you very much! I love stuff toys! Thank you, Natsuki!" I hugged the stuff toy and it was soft and fluffy.

"Kaori-chan, you alright?" Otoya asked.

"I'm alright. It hurts to move my body though but I feel alright."
Syo placed the back of his hand on my cheek.
"Hmmm...you're not as cold as before but your skin is still cold. I think she'll need to warm up more."

Hijirikawa-san, who was seated beside the clinic bed, grabbed my hand.
"Yes, she is still cold. I'll get some porridge." He heads over to the pot placed at the table beside the window and puts some hot porridge into a bowl. He returns and gives me the bowl.

"Careful it's hot. It was cooked just a while ago."

I took the bowl and it was hot indeed. I tried it and it tasted good.

"This tastes really good! Where did you guys get this?"

Otoya laughs. "Masayan made it. He's good at cooking you know."

"Really? Hijirikawa-san, it really is good!"

"T-thank you for the complement."

"Haha. An embarrassed and flustered Hijirikawa-san is too cute."

I laughed and Hijirikawa-san just tried to keep his cool but his face turned red and it was just too cute. Haha.

"I thought the lady was the one who was sick. Why are you turning red over there, Hijirikawa?"
Jinguji-san came.
He approached me and handed me a big bouquet of roses.

"U-umm...t-thank you, Jinguji-san."

Jinguji-san then sits on the side of the bed and moves close.

"Hm? You still call me by my last name? Just call me Ren from now on. I would like that very much."

"O-okay. Sorry to worry you and thank you once again for the roses, Ren-san. I think that these are too much though."

"Nonsense. Those roses are not enough to express how worried I was to learn about you fainting and becoming really cold like ice." He pats my head.