Chapter 40: The Secret Gets Out?

Just a few more days to go before graduation...I'm getting really fired up! Since I've been practicing every day, I'm going to just practice until the afternoon and relax for the rest of the day. Perhaps I'll go around the city later or just go out for dinner; all work and no play will kill one's self!

I was in the practice hall as usual and was practiced my routine. It was already 11:00 am and had one more hour to go before relaxation time when someone suddenly knocked on the door. I went over to the door to see who it was and it was Ichinose-san. I wonder what he came here for. Maybe he needs something from me?

"Ichinose-san, what brings you here?" I asked.

Ichinose-san's face seemed troubled and he seems to be thinking about something deeply; he won't even make eye contact with me. Did I do something wrong?

"Kaori-san, I need to talk to you about something."

Ichinose-san entered the room and noticed the audio player.

"Were you practicing for the graduation auditions?"

"Oh, yes I was. I usually practice for the whole day but I'm going to practice half day today since I've been practicing everyday and I don't want to get too tired or sick."

"I see..."

"Ichinose-san, is it something up?"

Ichinose-san paused a bit and looked at me.

"Something has been bothering me recently and it concerns you."

Eh? Something about me? This seems to be serious for Ichinose-san to be bothered about it. What could it b— AH! Perhaps it's about that time when he found me in the gardens without my wig?! Did he realize that I'm Kaoru?!

"Kaori-san, I want to hear it straight from your mouth."

"Are you—"

Before Ichinose-san could even finish what he was about to say, Syo and Natsuki suddenly barged into the room; Ichinose-san and I were surprised by them.

"I don't want to eat those at all, Natsuki! Stop!" Syo was shouting and running around with Natsuki behind him.

"Syo-chan, please try them! I'm sure theses biscuits would taste good! It's a new recipe!"

Natsuki was holding a basket of biscuits and I think I know where this is going. Natsuki was chasing Syo around until he noticed Ichinose-san and I.

"Tokiya-kun! Here, would you like some of these biscuits?" Natsuki smiled.

"Umm...no, thank you but I already ate and I'm quite full."

"Awww that's too bad."

Natsuki then goes over to me and shows me the basket.

"What about you, Ori-chan? Would you like to try these biscuits I made?" Natsuki smiled.

Come to think of it, I've never really gotten the chance to try out any of Natsuki's creations. Syo says they're really bad and that you could die from eating them but perhaps I should give it a try and check them out?

"I'd love to try them, Natsuki!"

I swear I think I heard Syo and Ichinose-san gasp upon hearing my words. I took one biscuit from Natsuki's basket and bit half of it.

"So how is it, Ori-chan?"

"Hmm...they're not so bad. They taste alright, Natsuki." I smiled.

"No way..." Syo was completely amazed.