Chapter 95: Yes, I Do

Time sure can fly by so fast. A year just ended and a new one just started a few months ago.

"Kaori-san, please close your eyes. I'll be applying makeup to your eyes now."

"Oh, okay."

I close my eyes and the makeup artist starts to put on eye shadow on my eye lids. While she's doing my makeup, her co-worker works on my hair and some people from Marriage Contract comes by the room to document all the preparation with photos and videos; they also go around to the other rooms and places to take photos and videos of everyone else. I heard that some of them are already at the botanical garden, taking photos and videos of the set up and small preparations that are left.

Everything feels surreal at the moment; dating him seemed like it was just yesterday. At first, I was just dating Ai and then I started living with him and then he proposed to me and we were just planning for the wedding last year and now I'm going to get married to him. I really am getting married today...

*knock knock*

"So how are you, Ms. Yamashita?"

"Good morning, Ms. Katsura."

She approaches me and upon seeing the progress of my makeup and hair, she smiles.

"You look very beautiful. I'm excited to see you walk down the aisle today; I'm sure Mr. Kisaragi and everyone else will be stunned."

"I'm excited and nervous!"

"Oh dear, there's nothing to be nervous of. Today is an important day for the both of you; you two must enjoy and savor it as much as you can. A day like this will only come once in your life. Everyone will make sure that it will be a day that the two of you will never forget."

"Thank you, Ms. Katsura. Thank you, everyone."

They all smile back as they resume their work.

Some time has passed and they finally finished with my hair and makeup. I didn't know it would take this long; now I understand why it always took so long for the bride to arrive at the wedding venue in the weddings I've attended before especially when I was a kid.

"Wow..." those words left my mouth when I looked at myself at the mirror. My makeup wasn't heavy but not too light either and my hair was just absolutely beautiful. Is this really my reflection? Is that really me? A goofy smile forms on my face as I ponder on those silly questions.

"Ms. Yamashita, let's get you into your dress now. We'll help you get it on as well as your veil."

"Thank you very much."

Once the dress was on, I couldn't help but stare at myself at the mirror with an expression of disbelief.

"Whaaa! Ms. Yamashita! Please stop crying!" my makeup artist quickly goes thru her makeup kit to get the products she needs for retouching my makeup. Her assistant on the other hand quickly gives me some tissues and helps me wipe my tears away with minimal damage to the makeup that's already on my face.

"I'm sorry." I say as I try to stop my tears from flowing any further. "I'm just filled with such mixed emotions that I couldn't contain them. I feel like I'm going to burst into confetti or something."

My makeup artist and her assistant laugh.

"That's alright! It's normal to feel whatever you're feeling right now." The assistant says.

"We've had brides that would cry a river before the ceremony. There were some who couldn't stop crying in time for the ceremony so they walked down the aisle with tears. Haha. I had to do some major retouching after the ceremony before she could go to the reception. Haha." My makeup artist says as she fixes my makeup.