Chapter 76: A.I.

Chapter 76: A.I.

When Ai left, I had nothing to do; I was so bored. The only thing that was a bit lively was when my doctor came to check my throat but after that, everything was so quiet and boring. Occasionally, a nurse would come and check up on me but they would leave the room shortly after to move on to the next rooms. Since I had nothing to do, I took the opportunity to compose some music. It was a good idea to bring some music sheets and my pencil case with me to the hospital; this will help pass the time. I used the hospital's bed table so that I won't have to get out of the bed.

I started writing music notes and some lyrics on the blank papers. I want to compose a fast beat song; something you could sing and dance to. Hmm...this part should be higher and then this part should be slow at first then it would gradually get faster and louder before hitting the chorus. This song will turn out to be really fun to perform and to listen to!

I was so absorbed in composing that I couldn't stop my hand from writing; my mind was filled with notes playing a continuous melody. If I had my voice right now, I would be singing this song while I try to finish its notes and words. Sigh.

"Get well soon, my voice!" I thought to myself enthusiastically.

Hours passed and I was able to compose four songs—two are complete while the other two are still a work in progress. Looking at the music sheets, a feeling of accomplishment fills my heart.

*knock knock knock*

A nurse enters my room with a tray of food. I put my work away into the drawer of the side table to make room for the tray.

"Here you go, Ms. Yamashita. Please enjoy and take your time eating. I'll come back for the tray later on."

I typed on my phone and flashed it at her. "Thank you for the food."

The nurse smiles and then leaves the room quietly. I looked at the clock and it was already 1:00 in the afternoon. Wow, time sure flies; I was actually composing for about five hours. Oh, that means I didn't drink anything for five hours...

I quickly took the glass of water on the tray and drank everything. I-if I don't stay hydrated and get sick, I-I'll be scolded for sure by Ai! He's scary when he's mad or scolding people...I refilled the glass and drank everything again as I imagined myself getting scolded sternly by Ai...I guess one more glass of water would be a good idea. I refilled the glass again and drank everything.

*knock knock knock*

"..." Hm? Who could that be?

The door opens and Manager-san comes in.

"...!" Manager-san! A smile formed on my face.

"Good afternoon, Kaori. How are you?" he asked cheerfully.

I typed on my phone and flashed it to him. "I'm feeling alright! A bit weak because of the anesthesia used in the surgery but I'm much better today compared to yesterday. Also, everyone came to visit me yesterday so I got cheered up after the surgery. Ai has been taking care of me too."

Manager-san's smile fades away and his eyes become teary. "So you've been doing well without me. I see. I understand; I understand perfectly well. I'm not needed at all...I-I shall take my leave then."

I panicked a little and then typed on my phone. "No! What are you talking about?! Of course I need you! You're my manager and my friend! I was a bit sad that you couldn't come yesterday because of work."

Manager-san chuckles after reading my message and pats my head. "Haha. I was just kidding. I just missed you. Life has been quite lonely and peaceful ever since you moved in with Mikaze."