Chapter 65: Be With You

It was a cool afternoon with a beautiful sky full of white clouds watching the earth and all that lives on it. Here I am, under those clouds, in the dorm, in my room, having butterflies in my stomach as I look thru my closet. Let's see, black sandals, blue jeans, red sweater, blue glasses...I think this is okay; do I look okay? Maybe I should change? But I think that I don't have enough time to change my clothes. Ah, I still have to comb my hair.

*knock knock knock*

I picked up my back and answered the door quickly.

"Kaori, it's time to go. He's already at the meeting place waiting for you."

"Ah, y-yes! I'm good to go."

Manager-san looks at me and notices that I was nervous; he smiles.

"You look good so don't be so nervous. I think he'd prefer a smile rather than that nervous expression on your face."

"Y-yes! I'll calm down soon! I think! I-I will!"

Manager-san laughs.

"Manager-san, where is he right now? Ai talked to me yesterday when he came back from work and told me to dress up today; he never told me why and where we were going."

"Oh Kaori, sometimes I think you're quite naive. He asked you to go out with him; it's a date. Haha. He doesn't have work today and tomorrow so he asked me if you were free during that time; he was happy to know you're free for the day. He told me not to tell you where you'd be meeting so you'll have to wait till we get there."

"Okay!"

My cheeks feel a little warm. I guess I should have changed my clothes after all but Manager-san told us to be simple in appearance so that we won't catch people's attention so I guess this is fine? Hm? This route seems familiar; I think I've been here before. When did I pass here before?

"Kaori, open your window. This place is near the ocean so you can catch the scent in the air when the wind blows; it's a really nice scent."

I opened the window and the breeze that came did carry the scent of the ocean; I remember this place now. This was the place where Ai and Rei-chan modeled for the camera commercial; this is going towards the beautiful park by the ocean. After a while, I started to see the glittering ocean and it's as beautiful as the first time I saw it. Manager-san continued to drive further until we reached the edge of the park where it was closest to the seashore; this park sure is big.

"This is it, Kaori. Let's get the things from the back of the car."

We took a blanket and a basket out from the compartment of the car and Manager-san led me to an area where the park was near the seashore; the only thing separating the grass from the sand of the shore was the metal fence that marked the perimeter of the big park.

"Mikaze, we've arrived and we brought the things you asked for. Do you need help with setting these up?"

"No, it's alright. I want to set everything; thank you for bringing the things I asked for. I brought one blanket as well so that the space to sit on would be bigger."

Manager-san gives the blanket to Ai who immediately laid it on the grass beside the blanket he brought and laid earlier.

"I'll leave you two to enjoy your time together now; I have some errands to do for the agency. You'll be commuting back to the dorm, am I right?"

"Yes, we'll commute. Don't worry, we won't stay out too late; we'll return when it gets dark."

"Alright. I entrust Kaori to you, Mikaze. Both of you take care."