Chapter 19: Trap Idol

After my shift in Saotomate, I went back to my dorm and changed into the clothes that Tsukimiya-sensei gave me the other day. He told me to wear the male clothes before I go to see him in his room. I put on the clothes, tied my hair into a pony tail, and looked at the mirror.

"Hmm...not bad but I think I still look feminine. Will this really work?"

I shrugged and went on my way to Tsukimiya-sensei's room.
I knocked on his door.
"Tsukimiya-sen—"

I quickly covered my mouth with my hands and looked around to see if anyone saw or heard me. I forgot that I have to talk in my male voice when I'm acting as Kaoru.
I took a deep breath and spoke in my male voice.

"Tsukimiya-sensei, it's me, Kaoru."

The door opened and I was immediately pulled in.

"Kaori, that voice just now was superb! You really sounded like a real guy! That was amazing! I thought you can only use that voice in singing! I didn't know you can also talk normally with it."

"Tsukimiya-sensei, you're hugging me too t-tightly. I can't breathe p-properly!"

"Oh! I'm sorry! I was just too happy!"
He let go of me and I was breathing air happily. That hug was just too tight!

Tsukimiya-sensei started looking at me from head to toe and from all angles. He then went to his closet and got something.

"Kaori, since you'll be acting as a man, you'll need to use this." He handed me the object he took from his closet.
"That's a bandage used for binding. You wrap it tightly around your chest area to conceal your breasts."

"O-okay."
"Since your hair is long, we'll use a wig to give you short hair then we'll style it."

Tsukimiya-sensei then made me sit on front of a vanity mirror. He placed a short black wig on me and started trimming and styling it. The result was good; the hair was short and styled well.

"There we go! Now let's add some makeup to make you look like a man."

Tsukimiya-sensei then started putting makeup on me and as he applied the makeup, he was teaching me what was each product for and how to apply it.

"Kaori...you're handsome as a man after all."

I looked on the mirror in front of me and I couldn't believe my eyes. I really looked like a man and a handsome one indeed.

"Tsukimiya-sensei...you're amazing. How did you do this?! I really look like a man!"

"That is a skill you'll have to practice and perfect, Kaori! You won't be able to work as Kaoru if you won't be able to do this."

Tsukimiya-sensei then gave me makeup remove and told me to remove everything and try to apply the makeup by myself. My first try was not that bad but it wasn't good enough. I spent the rest of the evening learning how to put on my wig and how to style it, how to put on my makeup, and practiced my singing and dancing with Tsukimiya-sensei. He also taught me a lot of things about being a trap and how important it is to stay in character all the time to protect my real identity. It was a long and tiring evening.

"You can go back to your dorm now, Kaori-chan. It's getting late. I wouldn't want you to walk around late at night and I think you've done a great job today. You deserve to rest."

"Okay. Thank you very much, Tsukimiya-sensei."

I got my things and the products that Tsukimiya-sensei gave me and placed them in the bag I brought with me.

"Thank you very much for today." I said as I bowed.

"It's no problem! It's my pleasure to teach you how to be a trap idol! Don't forget to stay in character until you get back into your room."

"Yes, I won't forget!"

Tsukimiya-sensei led me out and I thanked him once again.

"Kaori-chan, we'll have more practice sessions okay? I'll also be teaching you more things. I'll notify you when I'm free to teach you once again."

I nodded and started walking.
Sigh. That was quite tiring. Being a trap idol isn't easy! Tsukimiya-sensei is amazing to be able to keep his image and stay in character all the time!
As I was preoccupied with my thoughts, I bumped into someone at the corner of the hallway.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention to where I was going!" I said.

When I looked up, the person that I bumped into was Hijirikawa-san.

Oh no! I hope he doesn't realize it's me! I may have a wig and makeup on but you'll never know if someone could recognize me.

"Sorry for bumping into you. Excuse me but I need to go." I bowed to apologize to him and immediately walked away. That scared the hell out of me! I guess I'll need more training when it comes to being Kaoru in front of people that know me as Kaori. Sigh.

I reached my room without bumping into anyone else and immediately changed back into Kaori. I think the hardest part of the evening was getting into the female dorm area without being noticed. Maybe next time I'll bring extra clothes and change back into Kaori in one of the school bathrooms first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hijirikawa knocks on Tsukimiya-sensei's door.

"Hijirikawa-san! Good evening."

"Good evening, sensei. Here are the papers you asked me to get."

"Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it."

Hijirikawa nods and was about to leave when Tsukimiya-sensei stops him.

"Wait, hold on."

"What is it Tsukimiya-sensei?"

"How was your trip going here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Did anything happen on your way here? Like...did you trip, hit your head, see stray cats, or bump into anyone in the hallway?"

Hijirikawa couldn't understand what Tsukimiya-sensei was trying to do. He was just confused and concerned.

"Well, I did bump into someone on my way here."

"Really? Who was it?"

"I don't know who he is. I'm not even sure if he is a student here. I've never seen him before."

Tsukimiya-sensei smiled and became full of energy.
Kaori! It's a success! Even the perceptive Hijirikawa did not notice that you were a girl!

"Sensei, do you know that person?"

"Ah! Y-yes! He is actually a student here in the academy. Yamashita Kaoru is his name."

"Yamashita Kaoru? Is he by chance related to Yamashita Kaori of S class?"

"Oh? You know Kaori-chan? Kaoru is her older brother."