Chapter 8: Piano Encounter

As I was walking around, I stumbled upon the hall filled with practice rooms.
"This must be the practice hall. The same hall where I practiced for that special exam."
I entered one of the rooms since no one was around. I saw the piano and I went to it.
I opened it and sat down and started to play a melody that just entered my mind.

The sound of the piano filling the empty room just made me really happy inside. The echo that I hear allows me to hear clearly what my music sounds like from the perspective of a listener. I wonder if my music is good enough. I want to make music that will touch people's hearts and souls. I want to make music that can make people feel.
I continue to play whatever comes to mind. The times that I play the piano are my most carefree moments. The piano, the music, they're the things that have kept me company during the happiest and saddest moments of my life. A piano would know what I really feel, what I really think, how my tears fall, and how my face smiles. I bare my soul to the piano, to music.
I want to share this music with other people. I want to share my love through music. I want to bring them all to another world where they would be filled with warmth.

I finished the melody and closed the piano. When I got up, I noticed someone was standing by the door. He was a boy with blue hair and he had a mole under his right eye.
He was looking at me with such a straight face.

"Umm...I...I'm..." I didn't know what to do and I don't know what to say to him either.

He started to approach me and I was panicking as he got closer and closer. I have no idea what to do. His straight face is not helping me either!
When he was on front of the piano, he spoke to me.

"Was it really you playing the piano?"

I nodded.

He was looking at my face and it makes me really nervous because I am uncomfortable with eye contact.

"It was a nice melody. Did you compose it?"

His words were very kind. I thought he was a strict person due to his straight face but he seems like a really kind hearted person.

"Y-yes, I composed it. Well, sort of. The melody just came to mind when I was on the piano and I just kept playing whatever came in mind."

He looked at me in surprise.

"So you just made it on the spot?"

I smiled and nodded.
I'm so happy that I'm finally talking with another student. I guess I should introduce myself at least.

"I'm Yamashita Kaori. I'm from S class. It's nice to meet you."

"Hijirikawa Masato. A class."

"Are you taking the composer or idol course?"

"Idol course."

So he's trying to become an idol. Well, he certainly has the looks for it and based on his voice, I think he sings well.

Hijirikawa-san sat down on the piano chair and then he started to play the piano. He is really good! The song he was playing made me feel warm inside.

I smiled and suddenly said, "You're very good! The melody is really nice and it fills me inside with warmth. It just makes me feel light and happy!"

Hijirikawa-san suddenly stopped playing and looked at me with a surprised face.
Eh? Why did he stop?

Oh no! Did I bother him?! Ah! I guess I am in the way of his practice!

"Ah! I'm sorry to bother you!"

I hurriedly went out of the room.
He has talent. I hope he does well and becomes an idol.
Maybe I could compose a song for him one day or maybe I'll even get a chance to perform with him.
Good luck, Hijirikawa-san.