Chapter 14: Saxophone

It was lunch and I was with Haruka, Tomochan, Natsuki, Syo, and Otoya.

"Look! I have cookies! This one is a cat cookie! I also have pigs and zebras!" Natsuki was showing us his cookies happily.

"Umm...who made those?" Syo asked.

Natsuki smiled and said, "I baked them!"

Syo panicked. "EHHHH?! I KNEW IT! I KNEW YOU MADE THOSE!"

Natsuki stands up with the basket of cookies in his hands and says in a serious tone, "Syo-chan, homemade food is safer than anything!"

"I can't trust anything that you make!" Syo says angrily.

Natsuki offers his cookies to me and Haruka.

"Ah! Thank you!" Haruka said.

"NO! DON'T! Eat it and you'll die! YOU'LL DIE!" Syo said while he snatched away the cookies we were holding.

Otoya tells Tomochan about Jinguji-san's situation and she gets surprised.
"Well, it's his fault for slacking off. "She says.

"Even though Masa and Ren are old friends, they sure are polar opposites." Otoya says.

"Eh? They're old friends?" Haruka asked.

"Yes they are and they're also roommates." Natsuki says.

Tomochan then reminds her about the Hijirikawa and Jinguji group and then tells her that they've met because they're the sons of the heads of the groups.

Lunch ended after a while and we went our separate ways once again.
Some time later during the late afternoon, a saxophone started playing. I opened the window of the practice room that I was in and listened to it. Its sound was just wonderful and beautiful. It must have been Jinguji-san since I heard that he plays the saxophone and they say he's very good at it. The sound is truly wonderful.

The next day came and it was homeroom. Hyuga-sensei was checking the attendance and once again, Jinguji-san was absent. I remembered was Hyuga-sensei told him yesterday. If he doesn't submit his assignment by the end of school, he'll be expelled.
I wonder if he'll submit or not. It would be a waster if he wouldn't.

During break, Haruka asked me, Syo, Tomochan, and Natsuki to help her find the last piece of Jinguji-san's lyrics.

"You've been searching for the torn pieces all this time!?" I asked.

"Yes! I have and there's just one last piece left. We have to find it! Please, everyone, could you help me?"

We all said yes and started looking all over the place that Haruka told us where the piece might be found.

"No, no, no, no! It's not here! Haruka, are you sure that it fell here?" Tomochan asked.

"Yes. I'm sure." Haruka said in a sad voice.

"Syo was hitting the tree leaves and branches of a nearby tree to see if the piece could have been stuck up there.
"That guy ticks me off, but will he really just quit?"

"It would be a shame if he does." Natsuki says.

"I hope that we could find the missing piece soon." I said as I searched in the bushes.

The school bell then started ringing.

"Oh no! It's too late! The bell rang!" Otoya said.
"Jinguji-san..." Haruka was saddened.

Suddenly, we heard Jinguji-san's voice. It was being broadcasted all over campus.

"Everyone, can you hear me?"

"It's Ren." Syo said.

"Little lamb, can you hear me? Ryuga-san, can you hear me to?
Everyone, listen to this. I just finished my song and I'm about to unleash the feelings that were sleeping inside of me."

Jinguji-san, you didn't give up.

"Until the final phrase...It's Showtime!"

With that last phrase full of energy and will, the saxophone started to play.

Amazing! His singing is makes me feel warm inside! His song is wonderful! It makes me so happy! He's putting all of his feelings into his song.

We all rushed to go to the recording room and entered the recording area. We all were happy and smiling at Jinguji-san and we danced to his song until the end.

Everyone's songs...they all touch and move people's hearts. I want to be with everyone and continue making and hearing music like this.
After the song ended, we all congratulated Jinguji-san and in the end he didn't get expelled by Hyuga-sensei. Thank goodness!

Today was such a troublesome day but everything was okay in the end.
I looked outside the window of my dorm and the stars in the sky were wonderful. The stars were like small diamonds in the sky.

"It would be nice to have people who can shine brightly like those stars."