Chapter 97: Sensei

Chapter 97: Sensei

"Kaori, are you ready to go?"

"Yes, I'm ready!" I say as I dash down the stairs with my bag filled with music sheets.

"Be careful. What if you fall down the stairs? You could break an arm or foot, you know."

"Hehe. Sorry! Anyway, I have nothing to worry about. I'm sure you'll catch me when I fall." I say playfully.

Ai thinks for a while. "...Maybe."

"Eh?! How mean."

He chuckles.

*bark bark bark bark*

We were about to leave the house when Obi and Tabi suddenly came rushing towards us. Obi circles around my feet and then stands up on his hind legs, trying to reach for me; more like he's asking me to carry him up. Tabi on the other hand keeps jumping up to reach Ai's bag; he's picking on Ai again. Haha.

I pick up Obi and starts licking my cheek. "Obi! Stop! I have to go to work already. You be a good boy and guard the house, okay?" Obi snuggles a little and then behaves; that's his way of saying he understands. I put him down and he looks up at me with his smiling face.

Ai puts his bag down on the side table and picks up Tabi who looks at him with a smile upon being carried. "You be a good boy too, okay?" Tabi barks once at him. "It's good that we've come to an understanding." Tabi licks his face and starts wriggling in his arms. "Tabi, stop that." As usual, Tabi defies him and continues to do whatever he wants. Ai sighs. "When will you ever listen to me?"

I laugh at his defeated face.

He puts Tabi down who turns to me right after landing on the ground.

*bark bark*

I pick him up. "Good job on picking on Ai, Tabi. Good boy. Keep it up." I hug him for a while and put him down beside Obi.

"So you're the mastermind behind his troubling behavior." Ai says to me in a sulking voice.

"Hmmm...Nothing you can do about it though. Hehe."

He pinches my cheek before picking up his bag. "Let's go."

Tabi and Obi bark at us a little as we exit the door of our house.

A year has passed since Ai and I got married and I can say that a lot of things changed. First of all, we no longer live in the apartment. Instead, we built a two story house with our savings. We thought that it would be impractical to keep on paying rent for the rest of our lives so we decided to build a house; the rooms we have kind of remind me of the apartment though especially the work room. We also decided to get Obi and Tabi since they kept crying when I left Kyoto. Haha. Plus at least they'll be around as the guardians of the house when we're at work. Ai has become closer to them but Tabi has taken a liking to bullying him at times. Manager-san no longer brings me to work and back home due to his promotion in the agency; he is still my manager but he doesn't have a lot of time to always be with me like before. Because of Manager-san's promotion and Ai's concern for my safety when I ride in his car, Ai decided to get a driver's license and a car so now we go to work together just like today.

I get in our car and sit on the passenger's seat.

"Are you sure you didn't forget anything?" Ai asks as he buckles up and starts the car.

"Very sure! I can't afford to forget anything for the class I'll teach today. I have all the music sheets I need."

"You're not going to wear your glasses today? You were up late last night. Aren't your eyes tired or strained?"