Chapter 75: Silent

Chapter 75: Silent

"Kaori, are you ready to go?"

Ai knocks on the bedroom door and I came out of the bedroom shortly after.

"I'm ready..."

"Did you prepare your things?"

I raised the bag I was holding. "I put in enough clothes for three days and toiletries are in here as well."

"Okay. I'll carry that for you."

Today is the day of my surgery; I'm quite nervous. As promised, Ai is going with me to the hospital since Manager-san isn't available to accompany me. We got out of the apartment and went on our way to the hospital.

"Would you like to take a taxi?"

"Can we just walk and take the train? Taking the taxi is more expensive and I feel like walking today. The hospital is just two stations away and then we'll just have to walk for a bit."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay but we'll definitely take a taxi going home after your surgery."

As we walked, my hands were shaking a little so I tried not to hold Ai's hand because he might notice and get worried about me.

When we reached a wide intersection, there were a lot of people waiting for the pedestrian stoplight to turn green. Today is a weekend so I guess it's natural that there are a lot of people out today. We were going to cross the road too so Ai and I waited with the crowd. As soon as the light turned green, together with the crowd, we started moving and I could feel some people pushing me forward.

"W-wait...!" People are quite aggressive today!

I'm getting swept away by the crowd! Whaaa!

"Ai...!" I looked around me hoping to find Ai but I couldn't find him. I'm being pushed too hard; I might end up following the crowd and going to the wrong direction this way! I could get lost! I-I'm not yet familiar with this neighborhood! I just moved here a few days ago after all!

"Kaori!" A voice called out from behind me.

I turned around and saw Ai coming towards me. He took my hand and made me walk behind him; he walks in front of me to make way thru the crowd.

"Don't let go of my hand or else you might end up somewhere else again."

"I definitely won't. Thank you, Ai. I got a bit scared getting lost in the crowd and I didn't know where I was going."

"When I turned around to see if you were behind me, I didn't see you; I too got scared for a moment because I couldn't find you. I got worried. I'm glad I was able to find you."

We finally crossed the wide intersection and reached the other side of the street. He didn't let go of my hand and I don't think he'll be letting go. Somehow, I don't feel scared or nervous anymore. Just knowing that he'll be there waiting for me while I'm having the surgery, it makes my worries go away.

I tighten my grip on his hand a little as we walked towards the train station.

We reached the hospital after some time. We entered and told the nurse at the reception about my schedule for my surgery. She phoned the surgeon assigned to me and after she was given the go signal, she led me to my hospital room to get prepared and to store my things; I changed into a hospital gown while waiting for the nurse to return.

"Kaori, I'll see you after the surgery. I'll be waiting for you right here."

"Yeah..."

Ai then hugs me and pats my head. "Everything will be alright; don't worry about anything. You should relax and not stress yourself."