Chapter 60: Dragged Along by Love

'Walking thru the dark night by myself, I could hear someone walking behind. Frightened, I tried to ignore the person; perhaps this person is just passing thru the same route as me. I kept telling that to myself but as I pick up my pace, so does the person behind me; I'm now convinced that I'm being followed. What should I do?! I turned around to confront the person following me but no one was there; I sighed in relief. However, my relief was shortly cut away as I turned around—a woman wearing a coat and face mask was standing before me; her hands were in her coat's pockets which made me scared of what she could be holding. "Am I beautiful?" the woman asked me. "Y-yes, you are beautiful." I said in fear. She then takes her face mask off and asks me, "Do you still think I'm beautiful?" I was frightened as hell; her mouth was slit on both sides making her smile extend all the way past her cheeks. "You're—'

This horror mystery novel is interesting. The author mixed a detective story with famous urban legends and ghosts; not bad at all. I'm just reading here at the lobby for now since Manager-san called me this morning about today's recording; it got cancelled due to some unforeseen circumstances. Well, I'm not complaining since this would mean that I'm free for the day.

"Oh! Kaori-chan!"

"Hm? Good morning Rei-chan, Mikaze-senpai."

"Good morning."

Mikaze-senpai spoke to me; does that mean he's not mad at me anymore? Today is really a good day; thank you god.

Rei-chan takes a look at the book I'm holding.

"I didn't know you like horror, Kaori-chan."

"Actually, I'm a fan of horror movies and books; I love ghost stories the most." I smile.

"Really? You're a little odd one aren't you?" Rei-chan says in a teasing tone.

I laughed.

"Aren't you busy today, Kaori-chan?"

"No. I'm free today because the recording I was going to go to got cancelled; Manager-san just told me earlier."

Rei-chan smiles. "Perfect!"

He took my hand and pulled me.

"Since you're not busy, then you can come with me and Ai-chan!"

"Eh?! Where are we going?"

"Ai-chan and I have a modelling job today but it's not going to take very long so I thought that we could go somewhere after and have some fun and since you're free, come with us!"

Next thing I knew, I was already dragged all the way out of the dorm. I think I don't really have much of a choice since I'm already in Rei-chan's car with them; I am way too easy to drag along. Maybe I should gain some weight?
I was sitting at the back beside the right window; Rei-chan was of course at the driver's seat and Mikaze-senpai was at the passenger's seat.

"So what are you guys modelling for today?" I asked.

"Ai-chan and I are just going to model a bit for a camera commercial."

"Oh, that's nice. I'm sure both of you will do a good job."

Rei-chan parks at the side and we got out of the car. There were cameras and lights set up here at the park; the place is really nice and would indeed be perfect for the commercial.

"You like this place, Kaori? You've been staring everywhere." Mikaze-senpai asks.

"Ah, y-yes. I never knew there was such a park this beautiful plus it's close to the ocean; you can see it from the view deck over there; you can even smell the ocean when the wind blows."