Chapter 86: Valentine Wish

Sigh. Since I've got nothing to do today, I should try finishing the song that I was asked to compose for that upcoming television drama; it's not like I have anything better to do here at home. The apartment really is too big for one person alone. I can't believe that I won't be seeing Ai for a month or so! It's cool that he got a big job like that...but but but—it's been three weeks already and I really miss him! He's so busy that he only calls when he's free which is usually thirty minutes a week!

I think back on the day when he told me that he'll be accepting that job...

----------------------------------------------------------------- 

We were having breakfast and while we were eating, Ai brought up something.

"Kaori, I have something to tell you."

"Hm? What is it?"

"I was offered to be part of a Marriage Contract's wedding event in commemoration of their 20th anniversary and I decided to accept the job."

"Marriage Contract? That's a big company! Will you be modelling for them?"

"Yes, along with other people that they've decided to offer a chance to take part; some of us will also perform and do other things requested by Marriage Contract. Reiji, Ranmaru, and Camus were also offered the job and they've accepted it; Quartet Night will be together in the project."

"Is that so? I look forward to the event then! Good luck in your job then!" I said happily.

Ai seems a little down. Is there a problem with the job with Marriage Contract?

"You seem...a little down, Ai."

"Kaori, I will be leaving on the 20th since work will start on the 21st; I won't be around for at least a month."

"E-Eh?! Why?! Why are you leaving? What do you mean?!"

"The preparations for the event and the event itself will be held in Niigata; I won't have time to go back and forth every day so I'll be staying at a hotel with Reiji and the others in Niigata for the entire duration of the project."

"Oh...I see...Okay."

I feel a little sad inside but I do my best to keep smiling.

"Will you be okay by yourself?" he asks with concern.

"I'll be fine! There won't be any problem at all!"

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely! You go on ahead and do your best for Marriage Contract's event, okay? Do your best as always!"

He looks at me with an unconvinced face and then he reaches for my cheek.

"I'll call you whenever I'm free."

"I'll always be waiting for your call." I smile and hold his hand that's on my cheek.

I then look at his plate. "Now finish those vegetables on the side of your plate."

Ai looks at them. "But...those aren't particularly delicious..."

"You can't leave for work unless you eat those."

"That's fine by me." He says bluntly.

"W-What?! No way, Ai! You have to go to work!"

"Then let me go this time?"

"No can do either! Ugh, I have no choice!"

I then force him to eat the unwanted vegetables by feeding it to him without letting him go.