Chapter 90: Save the Date

"Thank you for working hard! Have a safe trip going home." The staff said.

I smiled at them and replied, "Thank you as well for bearing with me. I hope you'll all get home safely as well."

I bow at them and went on my way to leave the building but the moment I stepped out of the entrance way of the building, I got ambushed by bright flashes of lights and a crowd of people holding notebooks, microphones, and recorders. God, the camera flashes really are too bright; they're hurting my eyes! I can't see!

"There she is! Ms. Yamashita, may I have a moment of your time?! Last week at Marriage Contract's wedding fair..."

Ack! I can't believe that the reporters actually waited for my work to end again. It's been a week since the wedding fair and since Ai proposed to me. The media have been chasing us and following us everywhere since that day; thank god that they still don't know where out apartment is since we don't go home immediately. Ai and I would always try to trick the media and try to lose them before going home so that they won't find out where we live. Our only sanctuary is our apartment; even the agency isn't free from the media. Sigh.

"Ms. Yamashita! How long have you been dating Mr. Mikaze? Shining Agency's policy..."
"How did you feel when Mikaze-san proposed to you? Were you expecting it or..."

I need to get out of here but how? I have a feeling that the reporters have surrounded the building of the recording studio; they're everywhere. Even using the backdoor won't work this time; I'm sure some of the reporter's lookouts and cameramen are probably there.

"Is there a date for your wedding? Will it be this year or will you both plan it sometime in the near future?"

I was going to get back inside the recording studio building until Manager-san's car arrives and forces its way thru the crowd; I thought he was going to run over all of them! Scary!

Manager-san puts down the window of the passenger's seat. "Kaori, hurry up and get in. We'll lose them somewhere on the road."

"Yes!"

I immediately get inside the car and fasten my seat belt. Just like always, Manager-san steps on the pedal and off the car goes at an above average speed. I really wonder how he not gets caught for over speeding.

"It looks like we don't have a car following us this time. I think it would be safe to drop you off at your home today. Do you want to head home, Kaori?"

"Manager-san, I'd like that very much right now. Sigh."

"Alright. Are you going to cook dinner or would you prefer to buy some food first?"

"Oh right. Ai and I haven't gone to the supermarket yet so we don't have much food at home. Let's go buy some dinner first, Manager-san; I'll treat you too."

"Where will you buy food?"

"The usual favorite."

"Okay. You should message Mikaze so that he won't have to buy food."

"Oh, you're right! I hope he hasn't bought any yet."

*beep beep beep*

Ai replied fast. Is he done with work already? So they finished early and he's at home now? That's good news. At least he can rest; I'm sure that he's tired. Ever since his work with Marriage Contract ended, he's had a lot of offers. I'm happy that he's getting work but if he overworks himself, I'd be sad and worried. This must be what he felt during those times when I'd take several offers one after the other. Sigh, I'm sorry for the reckless me!