Chapter 22: Satsuki is Scary

We sat on the chairs outside of the café since the weather was nice today. I sat between Haruka and Natsuki and show was across me.
Natsuki order a parfait that was color purple that had some berries, two strawberries, wafers, and two scoops of ice cream on top. It looked delicious. Haruka on the other hand got a parfait that was green with whipped cream, ice cream, and berries on top. It also looked delicious. Syo didn't want parfait so he just got coffee.
I wanted a parfait too but then I ended up not ordering anything because I remembered what Hyuga-sensei told me the other day after class...  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yamashita."

"Yes? What is it, sensei?"

"Tsukimiya told me to pass a message to you."

"Eh? Message?"

"He said that you're not allowed to eat and drink too much sweets or cold stuff especially ice cream and parfait."

"What?! But I love all of those! Why am I banned from them?!"

"It's bad for your voice. You have to take care of your voice."

I suddenly felt depressed after that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Natsuki was happily looking at his purple parfait.
"This is so cute! I like it very much!"

"Yes, it looks very nice indeed!" I said.

Natsuki then looked at me and asked, "So what did you get, Ori-chan?"

"Oh, I didn't order anything."

"Kaori, you can have some of my parfait if you want."

"It's okay, Haruka. I'm not hungry or thirsty at the moment."

That's what I said but deep inside I really wanted to get a parfait or perhaps a slice of strawberry shortcake. This is just too cruel, Tsukimiya-sensei...

"You on a diet or something?" Syo asked as he took a sip of his coffee.

"No. I don't go on diets. I'm just really full right now."

"Anyway," Syo looked at Natsuki then back to me and Haruka.

"Do you guys get it? When Natsuki removes his glasses, he becomes an entirely different person called Satsuki."

"So he really has a split personality."

Syo nodded at me.

"I don't know if something happened to him before we met as kids, but he has already hospitalized 50,000 people who pissed him off. So, piss him off and you're done; it will be all over for you. If Natsuki doesn't keep his glasses on, all hell will break lose."

Haruka and I looked at Natsuki who was enjoying his parfait while we were all talking. How can this person who loves cute things be like that? That's quite...uhm...scary?

"Though Satsuki is like that, he has an unexpected talent for composing. Whenever he's free and has nothing to do, he writes songs. He's a so-called genius."
Haruka smiled. "Wow! I'd like to talk to him one day!"

Syo looks at her. "Impossible." He said.
"Satsuki doesn't talk to people and then Natsuki doesn't remember anything about him. Natsuki doesn't know."

Haruka becomes surprised. "He wrecks havoc but doesn't remember any of it?"

Natsuki finishes his parfait and looks at Haruka.

"Nanami-san,"

Haruka looks at Natsuki.

"You know, I always end up thinking that you..."

"W-what is it?"

Natsuki smiles brightly. "That you remind me of my beloved Elizabeth!"

"Elizabeth? Your dog, right?"

"Yes. When we're together, I feel like I'm basking in the sun."

"Really? I like sitting in the sun too."

"Nanami-san, you really understand me."

Natsuki drank his tea and it ended up fogging his glasses.

"Don't! Don't take off your glasses, Natsuki! I'll cool it off for you!"

Syo then starts blowing on Natsuki's glasses.

"Thank you, Syo-chan! You are always so nice to me."

But then Natsuki sneezed and it sent his glasses flying onto the table.
All three of us looked at each other with pale faces and then looked back at Natsuki.

"You three...are annoying."

Natsuki became Satsuki! A cold shiver was sent down our spines.

"Unlike Natsuki, I'm not soft-hearted."
Satsuki stood up.
"Don't you dare whisper in front of me!"
He banged his hand on the tree behind our table and the whole tree fell! Thank goodness no one got hurt!

Haruka and I were shaking out of fear and worry.
"If you get the message, get the hell out of my si—"
Syo sneaked up behind him and placed his glasses on.

"Huh? What the...? What's wrong Haruka? Ah! You too, Ori-chan! Both of you are pale and shaking. Are you two alright?"

N-Natsuki returned!

"No, no, we're fine!" Haruka said. "Isn't that right, Syo-kun?"

Syo, who looked tired from the stress, stood up straight and started laughing. "I'm fine! We're all fine!"

Natsuki just looked at all of us that were smiling and laughing oddly.

I looked at my watch.

"Haruka, weren't you on your way to Hayato's concert?"

"Oh yeah! I was but I ended up getting lost..."

"Where is the concert going to be held?"

"It's going to be held in Carnival World."

"Ah! What a coincidence! We're on our way there too!" Natsuki said.

We all decided to go to Carnival World together.