Chapter 100: My Life With You

"La..la...la la la...la la...la..." Hmm, that melody doesn't sound bad. I should write it down later before I completely forget it.

Just a few more minutes and it'll all be done! It's definitely making the kitchen smell tasty. Hehe. They'll probably be done by the time I finish washing these dishes I used. It's been a while since I last made them; I feel all excited, how silly.

*ting!*

I take the baking pan out of the oven and allowed them to cool down for a few minutes before putting them on a plate. Once I placed them all on a nice plate, I excitedly call out to my little bundle of joy.

"Aine! I made some cookies! Do you want some?"

Hm? He didn't respond when I called out his name. Maybe he didn't hear me?

I pick up the plate filled with the freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and started looking for him around the house.

"Aine?" I call out his name in the living room but he's not here.

"Aine?" I pop my head into his bedroom and call out his name with lots of enthusiasm but he wasn't here either...

I walk down the hall and see Obi and Tabi taking a nap. They open their eyes the moment they heard my footsteps.

*bark bark*

"Have you two seen, Aine?"

*bark* They look at each other.

"Oh, okay. Sorry to disturb you two then! You can go on and continue your little nap." I pat the two's heads before walking on.

"Aine?" Well, he didn't come here in the kitchen either. Where on earth did my little baby go? Sigh. Ah! Maybe he's in the backyard? Ai is there studying a script for a show so maybe he went there to be with his father; I hope he's not bothering his father's practice.

I head over to the backyard and called out for my little bundle of joy's name. "Aine? Are you here?"

"What is it, mama?"

Aine sits up and looks at me. He was on the reclined garden chair where Ai had fallen asleep with the script underneath his hand on his chest. I chuckle at the sight before me; they're such a cute father and son pair.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you. Look, I made cookies just for you."

Aine smiles as I put down the plate of cookies on the garden set's table.

"Thank you, mama."

"Were you with papa the whole time?"

"Yes." He bites the cookie and a happy satisfied expression grows on his face. "I was watching him practice. He was saying his lines out loud; papa is cool."

"Haha. He definitely is! Did he fall asleep while practicing?"

"When he was reading the next part, he fell asleep while lying down on the chair. I was sitting beside him so I decided to take a nap too."

"Papa must have been tired. You two shouldn't sleep out here without a blanket! You could catch a cold! If it's too hot, you might get heatstroke."

"It's okay, mama. Today's weather is good."

Aine takes another cookie and eats it happily.

"Mama, you eat too." He holds out a cookie to me and I bite it from his hand.

"It tastes good, right?"

"Of course. Mama's cookies are the best."

I smile at Aine and pat his head. I'm happy he's enjoying the cookies. I look over at Ai and see that he's sound asleep. He's working hard as always; I appreciate his efforts but he should rest from time to time.