Chapter 63: Kumagai

Chapter 63: Kumagai

Manager-san looks at his watch as he sits impatiently in a café found in the heart of the city.

Sigh...that guy always makes people wait. I'm surprised the producers and managers he works with don't get upset or mad at him. Where is he?

"Ah! Good morning! Sorry to make you wait! I kind of forgot we were meeting today, haha."

"You haven't changed at all. Are you always like this with your other clients? I'm surprised that you don't get into trouble for it."

"Of course not, big bro! I'm usually on time."

"Usually? Haha you're really still the same as ever, Naoto."

"Yup! Naoto Kumagai, the usually on time composer at your service; I'm only late sometimes haha."

Manager-san sighs.

"So, you'll let me work with them, big bro?"

"Yes, I've decided to accept your offer but I haven't told Kaori yet since she's still resting for now."

"She fainted because she worked too hard, right? Is she okay?"

"She's doing fine for now. She'll be resting until tomorrow then she'll be going back to work."

"Tomorrow? I thought she'll be resting for a week?"

"She asked to reduce it to four days; I accepted her request because she seemed really serious about it. Anyway, she's been sleeping half of each day since we returned to the dorm so I guess she'll be fine; she's been eating well too."

"Well, the sooner I'll get to meet her and work with her then! I can't wait to collaborate with her and Mikaze. I wonder what they're like in person?"

"Right..."

"Eh? What's wrong, big bro? Don't tell me there's a problem?!"

"Well...about those two..."

"W-what is it?! Don't tell me I can't work with the two of them?! Oh c'mon! I've been waiting and planning for so long to collaborate with them! Don't break this composer's delicate heart!"

Naoto-san sulks a bit.

"Don't worry; your request was approved by the agency so Mikaze will work with you as well as Kaori. It's not that you can't work with them but you see, you need to know something about those two but you have to promise me that you'll keep it a secret especially from Shining Saotome or else I'll have a huge problem."

"Do tell. I promise to keep my mouth locked."

"I trust you enough. Kaori has feelings for Mikaze...and apparently it's also true the other way around."

Naoto-san gets excited. "What?! Kaori and Mikaze like—"

Manager-san covers Naoto-san's mouth immediately and looks around him discreetly.

"What's wrong with you?! You just promised me that you'd keep quiet about this?!"

"Sorry! Sorry! It's just that I'm a fan of those two and to find out that they like each other is like a fan's dream come true, you know? I totally ship them after all! So how long have they been together?" Naoto-san seems really happy.

"That's the part that I wanted to tell you about the most. Kaori confessed to Mikaze but she ran away right after so Mikaze never got to say his piece."

"What?!"

Naoto-san slumps against his chair.

"So what you're trying to say to me big bro is that things might be a bit awkward, right?"