Chapter 79: Owing To Love

"Could you read that part out loud again, please?"

I nod at my voice therapist and began to read out loud the passage of the book he lent me.

"Very good, Yamashita-san. Your voice is in great condition; your recovery is going very well! Thank you for your hard work today. Just remember, don't stress out your voice yet. You still have at least two more months of therapy to go before you can start going all out with it!"

"Haha. I'll remember that! Thank you for today! I'll do my best on our next session."

"That's the spirit! Take it easy and you're also not yet cleared to talk all the time so make sure you cut on the idle talks, okay? Talking too much is going to do more harm than good to you. If they're short sentences, go ahead and talk but if you're going to say a lot of things, write them down instead."

"Yes!"

"Have a good morning then. Take care."

I thanked my voice therapist before leaving the room. He sure made me talk a lot today! My voice feels a bit stressed out! I'm glad that I'm doing very well in my sessions; I was afraid that I won't be able to talk properly. I can't wait to start singing again soon; I really miss singing! Two months is still quite a long time but I'd rather wait until I'm cleared to sing or else I might just end up damaging it if I rush things. Sigh...the worst part is that I'm not allowed to eat a lot of sweet and spicy food...sigh...I can't eat chocolate or cake...

At the lobby, I saw Ai waiting; he's sitting on one of the chairs at the side. As I approach him, he notices me.

"So how was your session today?"

"It went very well!"

"That's great. Good job for today then."

He pats my head and I could feel the warmth from his hands. His warmth makes me smile happily. When I look up at Ai, he seems to be a bit serious as he stares at me.

"Is something bothering you?" I ask meekly.

Ai takes off his scarf and wraps it around me.

"I was just thinking that you're not dressed properly for the weather. It's been cold even during the day these days; you should be careful not to get cold."

"But...I'm wearing a jacket."

"Silly, December has started already; that's not enough to go against the cold weather. I'm quite amazed you were able to go out with just a jacket. You should have worn a coat and a pair of gloves; a scarf would be good as well."

"Well, I—"

I suddenly stopped talking when I felt my throat hurting a little; I guess it's tired already so I'll have to stop talking now. I took out my phone and started typing what I wanted to say just now.

As I type, Ai asks, "It started hurting already, didn't it?"

I nodded and showed him my phone. "Yup, it's tired; I did a lot of exercises in today's session. Anyway, I was going to say that I don't have a coat that's why I went out with a jacket instead. I lost my coat the other day when I went to work; I think I left it at J Studio's office. Also, I thought you were at work? You said you had an interview this morning."

"The reporter cancelled the interview because he got sick so now I'm free for the day. It's perfect because now I could go to the mall with you to get you a coat."

I type on my phone hastily, "You don't have to get me one. It's okay."

"Nonsense. I can't let you get sick and we will be out until midnight. Have you forgotten about Starish's celebration party today?"