Chapter 89: Marriage

The announcer comes out to the stage and so we get to our positions. We line up on one area of the stage and each of us are given a microphone. I don't see the point in giving us these microphones though since our lapels were still working.

"Did everyone enjoy Quartet Night's performance?"

The audience happily shout yes.

"Once again, that was "Marriage" by Quartet Night!" The announcer takes out a copy of our single and shows it to the audience. "Please support their new single in collaboration with Marriage Contract! This will be on sale starting tomorrow! Look forward to it!"

The announcer puts away the single and approaches us.

"So Quartet Night, how was your time working with Marriage Contract?"

Camus answers, "It was enjoyable and quite fresh for us. There were some difficult times but everything went on smoothly to our relief. It was a pleasure to work with Marriage Contract. I would say that they planned and organized everything very well."

"About your new single, when Marriage Contract asked you guys to write new songs for them, what were your thoughts? Did you have any worries about the request?"

Ranmaru answers, "We didn't mind getting a request from Marriage Contract. In fact, we were happy that they approached us but of course we had some concerns. For starters, the theme was about marriage. No one in the group is married or anything so we kind of worried about coming up with songs at all. Haha. But found some inspiration and worked hard to come up with the two songs; it came out pretty well."

"Oh I see! It is difficult to write a song about something you haven't experienced or know anything about. The power of imagination and perception is your companion for such cases! What was the most difficult thing you guys encountered while writing the song?"

I answer, "In my opinion, it was hard to look for the right words."

Ranmaru nods at the side.

Camus follows up and says, "That is true. We took our time thinking of the words to use and what would the lyrics say."

Reiji continues, "Expressing love at a marital degree is quite difficult especially for single men!"

Ranmaru then takes the opportunity to say, "Yeah, especially for you!"

"W-Wha! How could you say that to me! You're such a meanie, Ran-ran!"

The audience laughs a little at Ranmaru and Reiji's bickering.

"Oh, I'm just curious but are you all single at the moment? Not seeing anyone?" the announcer asks.

Hearing this question, I turn to look at Kaori who was in the crowd. She was looking down at the floor. We both have been denying our relationship in media. Though we know it's for work, it still hurts a little when you have to say that you're not seeing anyone in front of the person you like; it hurts more if you're the one listening to your loved one saying that.

The announcer was going to turn to me but Reiji suddenly answers the question instead.

"Sadly, majority of us here are single. Holidays can be cruel and cold, you know? Especially Valentine's Day and Christmas! Haha."

"Oh! Did I hear you say that right, Kotobuki-san? Did you say majority? Does that mean that one of you guys is seeing someone?"

The audience start getting curious.

"Well, I don't know if I have permission to say so." Reiji looks at me for a brief moment with a smile.

"It's alright, Reiji." I say.