Chapter 82: Fleeting

The weather was good and clear today so after we ate lunch, my family decided to go around Kyoto; it's quite chilly outside so we wore coats and gloves. My family brought Ai to the places that I've been to and they told him all kinds of different stories that happened years ago—the place where I learned and practiced to bike, the school I went to, the shrine I loved the most, the restaurants I used to frequent, the districts where I used to work part time for...all sorts of places filled with memories that seemed to have happened not too long ago.

"And this is the park where sis and I usually hang out at after school; we'd always use the swings while eating ice cream here."

"Oh, isn't this also the park where Kaori got her first love confession?"

"E-Eh?! What are you talking about, mama?!"

"You don't remember? This is the park where Takahiro-kun told you that he liked you back in middle school, if I remember right."

"O-Oh...right..."

"Takahiro? He's Kaori and Kuro's childhood friend, am I correct?"

"That's right, Ai-kun. Takahiro-kun was really caring towards Kaori so I wasn't surprised when I heard that he confessed to her." Mama chuckles a little.

"I was surprised when sis rejected him! I really thought he had a high chance of success!" Kuro says.

"Mama! Kuro! Tak-kun was a good friend! He was and still is! He's just a friend to me...well, more like a brother! Besides, I don't consider that time as a love confession; it was nothing!"

"I see..." Ai says in a monotonous voice.

Is he upset from hearing that? "U-um...Ai—"

"I'm back! I was able to get us a table at the usual place! How about we take a break there?" Papa says as he comes towards us all.

"At the old man's place? Sweet! I haven't gone there in a long time too! Let's go!" Kuro says happily as he runs ahead of us and goes off ahead with Papa-san.

"Oh my, look at those two go. We should catch up to them." Mama says as she walks ahead of Ai and I.

"We should go and catch up to them too; we wouldn't want to be left behind now." Ai says to me.

He starts to walk ahead of me but I suddenly grab his sleeve.

"Ai, um...about Tak-kun, he really is just a friend. I don't—"

"It's okay; I'm not upset. That is a thing of the past and forever will be; I have no reasons to be worried about that. After all, you did reject him in the past and in the present you've chosen me." He smiles as he takes my left hand; we continue walking.

"Okay...but you did get upset, didn't you? I can tell."

"...A little. I was a little upset."

I chuckle a little. "You're as jelly as ever."

"Of course I would be. How can I not be jealous about the person I love the most? It's natural that I don't like it when other men approach you because I want you all for myself."

Ai refuses to look at me; I can see that his ears have turned a little red.

"Me too...I want you all for myself, Ai." I said softly to myself.

Though we're wearing gloves, I could feel that his hand became warmer and his grip became a little bit tighter; I guess he heard me. I feel a little embarrassed now.

As we crossed the street, Kuro calls out to us from the other side.

"Ai! Sis! You guys are taking too long! Dad made me come back for you guys since you don't know the way to the old man's joint."