Chapter 3: Let's Try Shine!

I was still standing on the same spot in the clinic room. I could feel Tsukimiya-sensei and Hyuga-sensei feeling sorry for me. How could this happen? I've worked hard to prepare for this and woke up early to make sure that I wouldn't be late. All that effort...

"Is...is there no way for me to take the entrance exam? Is there really no way?" I said in a shaky voice.

They didn't reply and the room was silent. It just made me feel even heavier.

"Please, let me take the entrance ex—"

Before I could finish my sentence, a weird loud laughter cut me off.

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

Tsukimiya-sensei and Hyuga-sensei got startled but they seemed to know who it was. The clinic room's door suddenly opened and smoke suddenly appeared. I can hear the laughter coming from the smoke. I covered my nose and mouth instinctively and closed my eyes a bit.

Hyuga-sensei covered his eyes to avoid the smoke, "It's!"

A figure started to appear from within the smoke.

"Music is the soul of life. Music is love!"

Tsukimiya-sensei was covering her nose and mouth to avoid inhaling the smoke, "Shining Saotome!"

The smoke faded away and a man can be seen standing in the middle of the room. The man was making weird and enthusiastic pose.

"HAHAHAHA! I see that your heart is shining with determination!"

All three of us were just staring at him.

"I want to see just how determined this shine of yours is!"

The man looks at me and points at me with his finger.

"I, Shining Saotome, the headmaster of this school, will give you a special test! If you pass this test, you shall be accepted into this school!

"HUH?" I was taken by surprise with what he said.

Shining Saotome then did a short dance move and pointed at me again.

"So, will you take this test of music?!"

"Yes! I'll take it!" I replied without hesitating. I was given a second chance. There is no way that I am going to let this go! I will accept this test and pass!

"Alright then!"

Shining Saotome then did another dance and said,

"For you to be accepted into this academy, you need to compose and perform a song that is soothing like the sight of snowy hills but gives you a nice warm feeling from within!"

My saddened face turned into a determined one. "Alright! I will!"

"Perrrrfect! Your deadline is tonight at 6 pm! You will perform in front of me, Tsukimiya-sensei, and Hyuga-sensei at the auditorium. You are free to use the practice hall and any instrument of your choice!"

This is my chance to get into Saotome Academy! I won't let this chance pass me by! I'm going to give my best! I nodded and Tsukimiya-sensei escorted me to the practice hall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Saotome-sama, what are you thinking?"

"Hmmm? What's wrong, Hyuga-sensei?"

"Compose and perform? You expect her to do both by tonight?"

"Whyyy of course! Normally a student enrolls in either the idol course or the composer course but she seems...different. When you and Tsukimiya-sensei brought her in, I sensed something different inside her. It seems she has quite a lot of potential."

Shining Saotome smiled and struck a pose.

"We'll just have to see tonight if my instincts are right or wrong! I look forward to it!"