Chapter 80: Merry Christmas

The turkey is doing well in the oven; it'll still take a long time before it's cooked so I'll just leave it alone for now. I'll have to start making the cookies after a while. I was going to make a cake but Ai said he didn't want one because I won't be able to eat it because of my vocal chords so he suggested sugar cookies instead since I could make them not so sweet. I should gather the ingredients for the cookies while waiting for Ai to come back with eggs and the other ingredients I asked for. Ah! I should also gather the ingredients for the marine jelly that I'll be making for Ai; that's my Christmas present for him after all. I should starts making it now since he's not around at the moment. That's a good idea! I'll prepare the salmon after!

Christmas is just hours away and the year is ending; I can't believe it. I'm really happy to be able to spend Christmas with Ai. Actually, who would have thought that I'd end up with Ai? Every time that I'm reminded that I'm Ai's lover, I feel really happy with a little feeling of disbelief. If this is a dream, I wouldn't mind staying asleep forever. Haha. But really...I'm very happy and grateful to have Ai. I'll make sure that this year's Christmas will taste great! I'm also grateful that I could talk more often now. So many blessings! I feel really lucky.

I concentrate in making Ai's marine jelly. I made sure that the taste was to his liking; I remember him commenting on how the marine jelly I bought had a good balance of sweetness. The flavor will be different; I'll be making my very own variation so good luck to me! I'll also make some chocolate figures to put in the jelly. The store bought one had white chocolate stars and sea shells so I'll make some of those. I'll be adding little fishes and a little treasure chest with colorful candy as the treasure inside; it's a good thing I was able to buy the chocolate molds to make my life easier! I think he'll like that.

I stop for a moment and started laughing to myself. I laughed because I thought to myself that I'm like a housewife.

After some time, I was finally able to finish making the marine jelly and placed it into the refrigerator. It's time to start preparing the salm—

*ding dong ding dong*

The doorbell rang and I went to the door immediately to answer it. I look thru the eye hole and it was AI; he's back!

"I'm home." He said happily.

"Welcome back!" I said happily.

Simple exchange of words and yet it brings so much joy inside our hearts.

"I was able to buy everything on the list. There were so much people in the supermarket."

"Thank you very much, Ai! I'm sorry I made you go out; I forgot to check the ingredients that we had."

"It's alright. I didn't mind at all."

I take the plastic bag of ingredients from Ai and he takes off his coat. I hug him and I could feel that he's quite cold.

"It was cold outside, wasn't it? Ai, would you like to take a warm bath? I'll prepare the bath for you right now if you want."

"That would be nice but I know something better that would warm me up."

He puts an arm around my waist and kisses me for a while. I could feel our body temperatures rising.

"That's better." He says teasingly.

I-I never would have thought that Ai could be forceful like that. He always looks so harmless b-but when he becomes like that, it really is surreal.

I start taking out the ingredients from the plastic bag and place them together with the other ingredients on the kitchen counter top. Ai went upstairs to change his clothes.