Chapter 56: Thinking

"Ai-chan!" Rei-chan said as he appeared out of nowhere and hugged Mikaze-senpai from behind.

"Reiji, get off of me." Mikaze-senpai said as he tried to unlock Rei-chan's arms around his neck.

"Aww, does Ai-chan not like Rei-chan? But Rei-chan is so bored and lonely since everyone is busy helping out Masa-kun in the practice room." Rei-chan said teasingly and laughed.

"You alone today? Kaori-chan is not around?"

"Syo and Natsuki are both, as you said, helping out Masato with his hugging problem. Kaori has work today; she's been out since morning."

He then noticed the article that Mikaze-senpai was reading.

"What do we have here?"

He released Mikaze-senpai and jumped onto the sofa as he grabbed the magazine.

"It's Kaori-chan! Looks like this article is announcing the cast for a new drama series called "An Ephemeral Dream". She's playing as the female lead character's sister; not bad!"

"Yes. Her work today is actually a shooting for that series. They started shooting the series a week ago."

"So is Ai-chan interested?" Rei-chan smiles teasingly.

"I don't know what you are referring to, Reiji."

"Oh Ai-chan, don't play dumb with me! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about."

Rei-chan puts the magazine on front of Mikaze-senpai's face and points at Kaori's picture on the side.

"You like her, don't you?"

Mikaze-senpai ignored Rei-chan and crossed his arms.

"Oh! Looks like I hit a nerve there, haha."

Rei-chan puts his arm over Mikaze-senpai and leans close to him.

"Reiji, let go of me."

"I knew I was right! You're always willing to help her and teach her plus you've been kinder to her compared to everyone else. You even worry about her; you've never been a worrywart before, Ai-chan. Haha."

"Reiji." Mikaze-senpai was getting annoyed with him.

Rei-chan smiled at him. "Besides the reason why Kaori-chan got assigned to one of us in the first place, though we were supposed to be with Starish only, was because of you. You requested it from Shining, didn't you?"

Mikaze-senpai looked away from Rei-chan. "I have no reason to do such a thing."

"You can't lie to me, Ai-chan! You were interested since the graduation concert; your eyes can't lie. Ringo-chan told me about your little request after we got the order from Shining to look over Starish. You definitely like her; you've got a good catch there."

Mikaze-senpai was a bit flustered. It wasn't very obvious but Rei-chan could tell.

"You were quite smooth too during the storm when the power went out and then she got scared. Haha. I bet you were really happy when she clung to you, huh?"

"How did you know about that?"

"Well, I was supposed to drop by your room that day but I saw Kaori go in with a present and well...I stayed behind the door and kind of eavesdropped until you helped her get to her room."

"I think that would be more than eavesdropping."

"You were just really cute then Ai-chan; you were so concerned! Especially when you two were holding hands, haha! Good job indeed!" Rei-chan pats Mikaze-senpai's back over and over again.