Chapter 68: Suspicion

Being the celebratory type of person, Naoto-san invited us all again for dinner after the concert. This time, he treated all of us to a traditional Japanese restaurant that he loves so much. Everyone sits on the floor and on front of us was an extremely long low wooden table filled with different types of dishes; it looks so delicious. There was a television set at one side of the room which was for karaoke.

"I really love you all! You all did a wonderful job! You all went beyond my expectations! I want to hug all of you if I could just fit you all in my arms! Let's enjoy tonight!"

"Ka-channn!"

Oruma-san runs towards me and grabs my arm; she's pulling me up. What is she trying to do?

"Oruma-san, w-what—"

She gives me a microphone as she pulls me towards the karaoke corner.

"Ka-chan, sing with me! Get ready, your part is starting!"

"A-ah! O-okay!"

The intro of the song ends and I start singing the song that Oruma-san picked; it's a duet with her.

Everyone was listening and cheering for me and Oruma-san; we actually sound good together.

"Woohoo! You go girls!"
"Let me join in too!"
"Two beautiful ladies singing while we're drinking...what more can we ask for?"
"I want to choose the next song!"

Naoto-san sits beside Ai to watch Oruma-san and I.

"Look at those two, they're so cute! They should be my next project!" Naoto-san said.

"No way."

"Why not? They will surely become a great duo; they'll be a hit! They sound really good! They'll be a sweet treasure on stage!"

"I know that. That's why I don't want you to push thru with it; she won't have any free time if ever."

"Haha! You're quite selfish aren't you, Mikaze-san?"

Naoto-san pats Ai's back several times.

"Ka-chan! That was the best duet I've ever had so far! Let's do one more song, please!"

Oruma-san is hugging me tightly again...air...air...

"S-sure...if it means I can breathe again!"

"Haha! What song should we choose?"

Oruma-san and I scan thru the song booklet.

"I want to sing this one!" I pointed at a song.

"Alright! Let's enter the song number!"

The song starts playing and Ai recognizes the song. Oruma-san and I starts singing and enjoyed ourselves.

"Mikaze-san, that's one of your songs right? What was the title again? I forgot."

"It's her favorite from one of my albums; The Fragrance below the Mountain."

"That's sweet!"

Ai watches Kaori as she enjoys herself.

"Oruma-san, the next song is starting."
"Ah! Hold on! Let me finish my sake first!"
"Haha. Don't drink too much though or else you won't be able to read the lyrics."
"Don't worry! I got this under control!"

Oruma-san starts singing but she's saying the lyrics of a completely different song and is just trying to fit it into the melody of the song she's supposed to sing. Everyone laughs as she goes on trying to fit different lyrics into the song.