Chapter 64: Returned Feelings

Finally, my house arrest is done! I'm finally out of the dorm!

"Kaori, we're here."

"Already? That was fast."

"You think so? I think I was driving normally. I think it's only because you've been indoor for a while. Anyway, let's get inside."

"So this is where Naoto-san lives?"

"Yes, this is where my brother and I live."

"Oh, so this is where you go home to. Your house is nice."

"Thank you."

"The house is quite big. Is it only you and Naoto-san who live here?"

"At the moment, yes. The whole family used to live here until our parents moved to Osaka because of work and our older sister got married so she's living with her husband."

"You guys have an older sister?!"

"Haha, yes we do."

Manager-san rings the door bell and someone comes to open the door.

"Good morning, Naoto-san." I said joyfully.

"Kaori! I'm glad you came! Come in! Come in!"

I stepped inside but Manager-san didn't.

"Are you coming in, big bro?"

"I'd like to but I have a meeting to go to. I'll leave Kaori in your care until it's done."

"Oh, alright then; leave her to me! Be careful on the road, big bro."

Manager-san then leaves and Naoto-san closes the door.

"Alright, we'll be working in my work room; this way we go!"

"Work room?"

"It's a room similar to the practice room back at Shining Saotome Academy but smaller and I call it a work room rather than a practice room. When I'm composing songs, I do it there and when I'm working with other composers or singers, we work there too; people can practice dancing there too."

"You've been to the academy, Naoto-san?"

"Ah yes, I'm like you and big bro; I studied and graduated from the academy too."

"Oh, I didn't know that!"

We entered his work room and it was really similar to the practice room of the academy! It brings back some memories when I was still a student. We went over to his black grand piano and he showed me some music sheets.

"These are the melodies I've finished; you can check them out if you like. This on the other hand, is the unfinished melody of a song that I wanted you to help me with."

"Ah, so this is the song Manager-san was talking about."

"That's right, it's the duet song."

I looked at the melody and it was beautiful.

"This is a really good melody, Naoto-san!"

"Haha, thank you but it's only half good. Since I was able to get you as a singer for the song, I thought of having you help me finish the melody since you're also a composer."

"Hmm...the next part could be like this and then we could change this part a bit into this..."

I started writing down some notes and Naoto-san would check and play it on the piano. The melody was good as it is but there were parts we had to change a bit so that we could add the next part.