Chapter 27: A Lost Heart

Well, I'm back to normal and healthy again thanks to everyone. The only thing that hasn't changed is the weather. It's still raining and dark outside.
Today, we're listening to Ichinose-san's recording. He really is amazing; his singing is on the note and all. I guess I can say that his singing is definitely perfect but something is just missing. I can't tell what it is though.
Ichinose-san's recording finished and Hyuga-sensei presses the intercom button to speak to Ichinose-san who was still inside the recording area.

"The rhythm and pitch followed the score and the vocal balance was also very good. That was pure perfection. However, this is no place to be mastering proper singing.
Your goal is to become an idol. You've been in this school for three months now and despite my repeated criticisms, you haven't changed a bit."

Those words must be really painful for Ichinose-san. If I was told that, I would have really taken that to the heart.

"I told you this before. There's something that your songs lack. It lacks heart."

Heart...I think Hyuga-sensei is right. Though his singing is perfect, it lacks the ability to move one's heart because the songs themselves have none.

"I think it's about time I said this to you."

All of us looked at Hyuga-sensei.

"Ichinose Tokiya, I can't let you stay in this class any longer."

Ichinose-san was utterly surprised...well, we all were.

I felt really bad for Ichinose-san. He has a lot of talent and potential that it seems like a waste for him to be taken out of the class. The day went on as usual but I couldn't help but feel bad for Ichinose-san.

It was evening already and it's still raining outside. I was with Otoya, Tomochan, Haruka, Masato-san, Natsuki, and Syo. We were just talking while having some tea since it's cold.

"Tokiya?!" Otoya said in surprise.

Syo nodded. "He was kicked out of S class."

Haruka was really sad. "Ichinose-san..."

"Tokiya...even though he always puts a lot of effort..." Syo was really frustrated.

"I don't know what to say to him..." Otoya was really sad too. I think all off us share the same feeling.

"Learning with theory alone...is difficult." Natsuki said.

"His songs have no heart...I guess..." Masato-san said.

Haruka was surprised with what Masato-san said and I guess she realized it too. That would explain what she felt during the live performance in Carnival World.

"So he'll be moved from S class to the normal class, huh? Gotta be tough..." Tomochan said.
I had no words to say so I just listened to everyone and kept my thoughts to myself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, I heard from Haruka that Ichinose-san was now in their class. I was relieved that at least he was in a class with people he knew but what saddened me even more was that majority of the class ignores him and stays away from him plus there have been gossips about him going around the school. I hope he'll be okay. I may not know him very well but no one deserves this kind of treatment.

Classes went on as usual but I couldn't feel too happy today.
I looked outside the window and the sky was wonderful today. I hope something good will happen.

As I looked at the wonderful sky, I just had a sudden thought. Perhaps, Ichinose-san is just lost; maybe his heart is just lost. It didn't disappear, he just misplaced it. I believe that he'll find it.