Chapter 49: Angel of the Night

I was in the cafe that Natsuki introduced to us and ordered their special dinner set. As expected, it tasted really good! They also had different types of tea available which made me feel delighted since I really love tea and that I don't drink coffee; I really love this place. I was sitting beside the window and noticed that the night sky was really beautiful today. There were many stars shining brightly and the moon was full and beautifully glowing. It was really beautiful to look at that it made me want to draw it or write a song. Haha.

As I ate, someone called out my name.

"Kaori?"

I looked behind me and it was Masato.

"Masato! Are you here to have dinner too?"

"Yeah. I got hungry from today's events."

"Haha. Today was a crazy day for you and everyone else, wasn't it?"

"It was indeed."

I told Masato that he could join me and so he sat across me. Masato was given a menu by one of the waiters and he ordered a fish dish.

"So how are things with Ren-san and Kurosaki-senpai?"

"Well, from my point of view, things are alright with all of us but there are times when Jinguji and Kurosaki-senpai would argue and things would become troublesome."

"Speaking of Ren-san and Kurosaki-senpai are they eating dinner too?"

"Kurosaki-senpai has been practicing with his bass guitar up until now. Jinguji went out to eat somewhere."

"I see."

Masato's food arrived and he started eating.

"So how are things on your end, Kaori?"

"Everything is good. Oh, did you know that Syo, Natsuki, and I have to wake up by 5 am and sleep by 9 pm? It's so early! Mikaze-senpai is quite strict but he's kind and I think he's amazing. I've also been having a lot of job offers coming in lately and there are even offers for Kaoru."

"That is quite a strict schedule indeed. Kurosaki-senpai just leaves us to our own business. I'm happy to hear that you are getting job offers. Just don't accept too much jobs at the same time; you wouldn't want to get carried away and exhaust yourself. I know you and you're the type that over works herself."

"Haha. Yeah, you're right. I'll be careful so don't worry." I smiled at him.

Masato has become more talkative and open compared to before; he really has changed quite a bit. I think that the best part is that he has become somewhat more expressive than before. I took my time eating and talking with Masato.

"Hey Masato, lately I've been feeling a strange feeling. I'm not sure what it is and I'm quite curious about it."

"Is that so? Are you sick perhaps or maybe it's just fatigue? What does it feel like?"

"I don't think I'm sick and it's not fatigue either. This feeling...it's not a bad feeling but it's not good either; I think. When I get that feeling, I feel quite a bit happy inside but at the same time, it hurts a little. I don't get this feeling all the time; there are just times when it suddenly comes and goes. I don't know what causes it yet."

Masato looked a bit displeased and perhaps he knows what this feeling is?

"What should I do? I don't know what it is and I can't control it. Do you—"

*beep beep beep*

My phone got a message. I took it out and checked who messaged me.

"I finished checking your work; you did well. Just come to the practice room to pick up your music sheets."