Ask for Help

Niklaus's POV

It's been 5 months since we found out that a dark spirit, a nogitsune, appeared in New Orleans and start to possessing the person who was like a son to me, Marcel. I didn't knew what to do because he was strong and had the Oni, which were demon warriors, by his side. The only way to stop him was by killing him but I couldn't handle the fact of knowing that Marcel would be dead, he was my son.

Hope is trying to convince me to ask help to some pack that she found out, she says that this pack is stronger then any pack that have ever existed but I don't want more people involved and specially I do not wish to have people saying that I do not know how to save the ones I care about and/or my kingdom.

"Dad, can you stop being so stubborn and let me ask for help." Hope said once again.

"We already had this conversation. I don't need to ask for help, I will solve this. Trust your father." I said.

"I trust you but I don't think you can solve this without help."

"I am the King of New Orleans and I have lived for more then thousand years, with all this years of existence don't you think I can handle some nogitsune?" I asked my daughter so I would calm her down.

"Fine." She said but I could see it wasn't fine.

"Hope..."

"I just need to take a walk. I will take awhile but not too long." She said and walked away.

Hope's POV

This was it, I am done with trying to reason with my father, he doesn't wish to ask for help, well... I do not wish to have a father who is stubborn, we all have to swallow what we want and do what we have to.

Does he think that I want to go ask for help like if I was a little girl who doesn't know how to protect herself? Of course not, but I have to suck it up because unfortunately we can't keep this problem just in family like we are used to.

I went to this place near the Bayou that was where this pack lived and I went to the house where a friend told me that was where the alpha of the pack lived in, I knocked on the door and didn't took long until a man in his 40's, opened the door, he had brown hair and blue eyes, his blue eyes kind of remind me of my father's eyes but I didn't took to much can attention to that because I didn't come for that.

"In what may I help you?" He asked kindly.

"Hey! I know that we don't know each other but I heard that you are the alpha of a strong pack and sometimes you and your pack help people with evil supernatural creatures..." I said and he just looked at me, so I continue "anyway, I am Hope Mikaelson and even that my father doesn't want to admit it, the truth is that we need help."

"Of course. Come in! What happened?" He asked and told me to seat on the couch along with him.

"Well, my adoptive brother, Marcel Gerard, was possessed by a nogitsune and now is trying to spray the chaos in New Orleans and in particular on my family, which isn't that hard." I said with a nervous smile.

"Hope, I can't say you for sure that I will help you but what I can say is that I will talk with my pack and if they all agree in helping you and your family then we will do it."

"But aren't you the leader?"

"Technically... But we are more then a pack, we are a family and I do not take any kind of decision without everyone's consent. It's like a family reunion." He said making me smile then added "but you can give me your number so I would text you saying what was the decision."

"Alright!" I said with a smile then asked him. "Could you tell me a little more about your pack. I did my research but I wanted to know more."

"Well, like I said before, we are more a family then a pack. I am a hybrid but your father as no idea that turn me"

"How?"

"Long story. Lest focus now on my pack..." He said and then showed me a photo where was him and a few more people, they all seemed truly happy which made me smile, in my family it wasn't easy to be happy, my father always did his best to make sure I didn't got aware of all the disputes and wars in our family was too soon but it's really hard in the Mikaelson's family... Then he start tell me everything about each one. "This young woman, is Caroline Forbes. She can fool many people and make them believe she is just a vampire with a little more then 30 years, but she as more power and control then a vampire with 100 years old. She is meant to be a leader even if she doesn't realize it yet. This one, you might know who it is, her name is Bonnie Bennett and she looks really young because of a spell that she made and she is the most powerful witch in her bloodline. The man next to her is Scott, he is a true alpha which how you know is rare and next to him is Derek, a werewolf and next to him is one of the doppelgängers and you might have heard of her, she's Katherine Pierce. And young couple, is Lydia and Stiles, she's a Banshee and he is a hunter but only fights against evil."

"You all seem so... Happy"

"Because even after everything all of us been through, we know that we are here to look out for each other's back." He said and I smiled.

"Crap!" I said when I looked at the time. "I better go or my dad will freak out... Thank you for everything, anyways and I hope you call me with good news."

I went back to the Quarter with a smile on my face because I had a feeling that things will quickly change for the better...