Morning in the kitchen

No One's POV

While Caroline was showering, Niklaus went to his room and start to get ready. Hope and Scott were in the kitchen eating breakfast in a awkward silence.

"So... Are you okay?" Scott asked trying to break the silence and Hope looked at him upset because she didn't want his pity.

"Fine. You don't have to pretend that you worry about me." Hope said making Scott a little uncomfortable because he cared about her even if they didn't knew each other for too long.

"I was being sincere. You didn't had to talk to me like that" he said hurt and she looked at him in disbelief but then saw in his eyes that he was being honest.

"I'm sorry. I'm just not used to have someone who truly cares about me that is not also a member of my family." She admitted and he gave her a small smile.

"That's not true anymore... I care about you." He said making her smile then hugged her.

"What is going on here?" Niklaus asked when come in the kitchen and saw his daughter hugging the true alpha.

"Oh... I didn't saw you there. I was just making sure Hope was alright with this all situation." Scott said to not put Hope in troubles.

"If I know you take advantage..." Klaus starts but is quickly interrupted by his daughter.

"Dad! I can take care of myself. I'm a trybrid for God sake! I am one of the most powerful creatures in the world, don't you think I can protect myself." Hope tried to reason with her father.

"You can be all those things, but you are also my daughter and I am always going to be here making sure you won't get hurt." Klaus said.

"I know. And I love you for that but I am not that little girl who didn't knew about the evil in the world. I know people can be evil and can hurt us but that's life. You can't protect me from that." Hope said and went to her room, quickly Scott get out of the kitchen not knowing what to say or do.

"Don't worry about it Niklaus." Ansel said behind Niklaus making him turn to see his biological father. "She will eventually realize that you are just trying to do what is best for her."

"Am I? Or am I just being selfish?" Klaus asked him.

"Believe me. You are a great father! And the reason I know that is because you protect her and do everything that you believe it's best for her, it's what a good father does... Yes, the father might be sometimes wrong and sometimes is right but needs to have discussions with their son or daughter but the important thing is that you are always there to catch her in the bad moments and you make sure that Hope knows that she can comes to you in whatever situation she will be in and she can talk to you about anything." Ansel said trying to comfort Klaus.

"When you say anything... You mean anything?" Klaus asked with fear of the answer.

"You know that there is a chance that Hope is not a vir---"

"No. I'm not... I can't even think... She's my little girl. I'm sure that she will just do those things when she mets the one and introduce me to him so I could know if he is a nice guy." Klaus cut him off because for him Hope was still his little baby.