Klansel & Karoline Talk

Klaus's POV

I was now in my office, talking in private with Ansel about Caroline and how it would be from now on.

"I screwed everything up."

"Everything will be okay. Right now she just needs time."

"How do you know that everything will be okay?"

"Because if you two love each other and are meant to be together, then you will find a way to be together again."

"It's not that simple."

"It is. You two have been through so much and your love story is so beautiful that I refuse to believe that this is how it ends."

"It's over. I screwed it up and this time I don't think she will want me back."

"What are you saying? Of course she wants you back. She is just hurt and stubborn. You need to see that she opened up with you in a way that she didn't do with anyone else. I never saw her being 100% in a relationship except with you, and now she's hurt because of what happened... I know that she still loves you and that she wants to be with you but she is too stubborn to admit it. Besides, she probably thinks that if she gives a chance for the both of you to be happy, she will end up to get hurt because she isn't used to be happy for a long time. Not when it comes to relationships." Ansel said.

"How could I hurt her like that? I know she is honest and good. Why did I doubt that?"

"Maybe because after everything you gone through, you have trust issues and because, just like her, you aren't used to be happy with someone for a long time."

"Sometimes I just wished I could go back in time and change the way I acted..."

"I know but that's the good thing about making mistakes, you make them so you can learn from them."

Caroline's POV

I was now talking with Kat in my room so we could talk in privacy.

"So... how's things with Elijah? Did you have any kind of ideas for the wedding."

"Please, I'm Katherine Pierce. I have a million brilliant ideas for the wedding." She said making me giggle. "Will you still be my maid of honor?"

"Of course! There's nothing that would make me not want to be your made of honor." I said and we hugged.

"Good. Because you are great at planning things and you can help me out. I already have a dossier with my favorite options for appetizers, food and wedding cakes, another with my favorite dresses and another with my favorite places to go and the decorations."

"Aww... you seem like me. Organizing everything for topic." I said and she smiled.

"Well, it's not every day that a woman is going to marry the man of her dreams, right?" She asked and I gave a small nod. "Sorry. I'm talking about my engagement with Lijah and you are completely ruined thanks to Klaus."

"I'm not completely ruined." I defended myself.

"Then why there's a t-shirt of Klaus in the bed, a big box of ice cream in the night stand along with tissues and a box of chocolate and when I come here you were watching the Notebook."

"I just felt like a day in the bedroom watching movies."

"How many movies did you saw?"

"One."

"How many times?"

"Five."

"See. He doesn't deserve this. You are Caroline Forbes, for God's sake. Just show him that you don't need him or any other man to be happy."

"That's easy to say." I said. "I still love him and I can't change that."

"Yeah, but you can try to remember of things he done that show that he isn't that great."

"Like?"

"He was going to use you for the sacrifice."

"He was trying to be himself. After a thousand of years of not being how he truly is, it's normal that in order to be his true self, he wouldn't mind to kill."

"He made Tyler bite you and then called you collateral damage."

"He was trying to hide his vulnerable side but in the end he saved me. He saved me more than once."

"He made Tyler go on the run."

"But then he gave Tyler his freedom because he just wanted to see me happy."

"He tried to kill your friends."

"They also tried to kill him."

"He daggers his siblings."

"Because he is afraid that they will abandon him."

"Care, I love you but you have to stop with the excuses. He did so many things wrong. How can you look at him in such a good way?"

"I don't know. I just don't see him as the monster that almost everyone feared of... I see him as someone who gone through too much and was hurt too many times that now isn't capable of showing his vulnerable side to most people."

"You saw way too many Nicholas Sparks movies." Kat said and I rolled my eyes. "I just don't want to see you get hurt again. I know you two love each other but you can also hurt each other really badly. Just... be careful."

"I will."

"Good. And no matter what, I'll be right here for you." Kat said and after a hug, she left.