Ansel tells Klaus the truth

Caroline's POV

After talking with Ansel and crying for what seemed hours, I went for a talk but before I could, Katerina found me and noticed something was wrong, so she made me go talk to her in private and tell her everything.

"And then you break up with Klaus?" She asked to make sure that she got everything right and I just nod. "Why do you do this to yourself?"

"Do what?" I asked confused.

"Sabotage your own happiness. It's no secret that I don't like Klaus but he did make you happy and everyone can see that you love him and he loves you. Why do you have to always make an excuse to stop you from being truly happy? Why can't you let yourself be happy?"

"I let myself be happy." I defended myself.

"No, you don't. There's always something that you find to make everything go wrong. You always find a way to keep you from being truly happy." Kat said. "You deserve to be happy."

"I am not keeping myself from being happy. I am just doing what's best for Klaus and that is letting him go." I said and when she was going to say something I cut her off. "I'm doing what's best."

With that said I went to Klaus's bedroom and started to take everything that was mine.

Ansel's POV

When I saw Caroline and Katerina going to a room to talk in private, I went to look for Niklaus and found him in his office, breaking chairs and throwing things to the wall.

"Niklaus." I called him so he noticed me.

"I am not in mood for talking." He said still with his back facing me.

"I know." I said calmly.

I know I can't take whatever he says right now like a personal offense because he is really hurt and he doesn't lead well with that.

"Good. Then go." He said.

"I'm not going to leave you. The main reason I stayed in here was because of you. I will always be here for you." I said calmly.

I know that he is trying to push me away because of his fear of being weak or betrayed. He can try to say or do whatever he wants, I won't leave him. Besides, I need to tell him the truth.

"Caroline loves you." I said calmly.

"No, she doesn't." He said and turn around to see me. "She doesn't love me and she probably never did. But now that she found a nice excuse, she can walk away from me and have a nice life."

"She is doing this because of her insecurities. That time where she was being tortured made her go through a lot and made her face some stuff that she buried."

"And what does have to do with what I had with Caroline."

"She is feeling like she is worthless. She actually believes that she is getting in your way from achieving something great." I said and Niklaus just looked at me, seeing if I was lying or saying the truth.

"What did she told you about the torture, that she didn't tell me?" He asked.

"You know that one time she was abused..." I said reminding him.

I know that Caroline never told him about Damon but when we got to New Orleans and face the nogitsune, he said that Caroline was abused by someone.

"They used those memories against her." Niklaus said more to himself, realizing that the people who tortured her did their best to make her be in the most pain possible, physically and otherwise. "What more?"

"She... she remembers that one of the kidnappers is a man because he... he forced himself to her." I said.

"What?!" He asked and started to show his hybrid face.

"I know that you are hurt but you have to talk with her. She feels like she cheated on you or something. She needs you more than ever." I said.

"Why are you doing this? It's just so you can have Caroline back?" Niklaus asked.

"I would be lying if I was saying that this had nothing to do with her, but I'm here specially because of you. I care about Caroline but you are my priority. You are my son and I love you. All I want is to see you happy and I never saw you more happy than the time you were with Caroline. She makes you smile and laugh, your eyes sparkle when you look at her or when someone talks about her. You love her and she loves you. I know you don't like to talk about feelings but you have to do it. Caroline is in a horrible place right now and I think you are the only one who can make her go back to herself. Make her see that she is good enough."

"Are you sure this is not some excuse to get rid off me? What if she stopped loving me? What if she never actually loved me but just thought she did?" He asked, finally showing how he really felt.

"She loved you and she still does. She hates herself, that's the problem. She never stopped loving you." I said and he nod.

"Thank you for telling me the truth." He said and before leaving he said. "Thank you for not leaving me, dad."

He called me dad! He opened up to me! He is finally letting me in!